Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Announcement Monday?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
London Irish said:
No, you are missing the point. It would be seized on by New Labour's ememies as an example of the party blatantly capitulating to pressure-group cronyism. If the party's spin doctors have anything to do with it, they will tell Prescott to facilitate a managable gap between the Brighton conference and a controversial Brighton planning decision.

thank you for "correcting " me.

i've missed no point, i simply have a different point of view to yours

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It won't happen monday!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
jimmyseagull said:
Apparently John Prescott will not be in Brighton until Tuesday.

So that's a NO then :nono:

unless he's in his London Office finalising some paperwork :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was posted earlier this week by someone who allegedly deals in airline security.

Maybe true, maybe not but I suspect he ain't back till Tuesday. No way would there be an announcement on Monday.

But Prescott himself doesn't have to make the announcement. In fact, he wont say anything at all! It will be "announced" to all parties concerned in writing at the same time. It will be up to one of those parties to release that info to the press.

Prescott not being in Brighton is irrelevant.

Although I'm not convinced by any means that it will be next week I wont rule it out for reasons like these.

Also, I thought that the whole idea of this new enquiry was to make sure that there would be no chance of a judicial review, or at least no chance of one succeeding. I think that would be the case regardless of when the decision is made public. The timing may be unfortunate, but it'll be bad news for someone eventually anyway.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
jimmyseagull said:
Apparently John Prescott will not be in Brighton until Tuesday.

So that's a NO then :nono:

On sky news they have just shown pictures of Prescott arriving at the Metropole hotel!

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Having been working among the masses for the week, the strong feeling is that, yes the decision is next week with JP giving the decision himself to the club, council and others involved.
This will not be made public for 21days for all to understand what is being said.
Is this fact or fiction......who knows, but having spoken to the big man during the TUC conf, 2 weeks ago he aint in a rush to tell!!
:clap2:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
anyone wanna hire a bus and decorate it with "WE NEED FALMER JOHN!" stuff on the side and drive up and down for a few hours on the seafront?!?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Marc said:
anyone wanna hire a bus and decorate it with "WE NEED FALMER JOHN!" stuff on the side and drive up and down for a few hours on the seafront?!?
You seen the traffic on the seafront no chance driving up and down:nono:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Caveman said:
Or jump out and leave it blocking the road (only joking).

you going tomorrow? I should be if I get out of work early enough

Dandyman

In London village.
Sonic The Hedgehog said:
Call me an old cynic,

"You're an old cynic" (from off stage)

but I can't believe that there would be a decision on Monday as it would come across as being politically driven.

In my opinion, Prescott will want to announce any decision (which ever one it is) well away from the Labour Conference.

Wouldn't mind being proved wrong by Prescott standing up in front of us and announcing it on Monday, though, it has to be said.

As my honourable friend from Fareham says it is not in our interests or Labour's for a decision to be made during Conference week. A decision made afterwards and before the end of October (which is what he promised again, today) will be harder for the anti's to challenge than something which appears as a bit of populist spin for a local audience during the next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here