Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The ignore button is fantastic, a certain serial boring thread starter has kindly put me on his ignore list.

An outstanding personal accolade

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Would I be right in thinking that as we are in discussion with SP then he has agreed a deal with us and we just need to sort compo with them
Almost - it seems from tweets that we have discussed Brighton contract terms with FH apparently they were favourably met - but because there is no release clause (determining a transfer fee minimum) I think the negotiations for the fee are quite complicated - and SP would not have agreed to considering letting him go too easily.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Almost - it seems from tweets that we have discussed Brighton contract terms with FH apparently they were favourably met - but because there is no release clause (determining a transfer fee minimum) I think the negotiations for the fee are quite complicated - and SP would not have agreed to considering letting him go too easily.
Surely if he is set on coming they wont stand in his way but just want as much money as possible

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No way will we wait to see how the Euros play out. We need a manager in place for pre season and to persuade players who we are looking to get during the transfer window.
Nagelsman is hardly going to come here.

Paperwork for Hurzeler or Rydstrom may not be finalised for a month or so but so long as it’s a formality, then we are ok.
There is a quicker work visa if you pay a bit more, can be done in 5 days.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Surely if he is set on coming they wont stand in his way but just want as much money as possible
Yes exactly - but do you see our gambling man folding before they do on a higher fee if he could get it across the line for less? 🙂

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think you are the one confused - read the post again.
@SeagullinExile was just saying that it was only media rumour that said we had decided on McKenna - which is absolutely true - far more likely than your anti- Bloom narrative that we’d sack a manager just to stop Chelsea getting another one we liked - sorry that’s warped thinking based again on your Potter agenda that Brighton fans and the Club are so angry at Chelsea for stealing Potter we’d let it effect our current transfer business - grow up ffs

Well edited you weapon.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
@SeagullinExile was just saying that it was only media rumour that said we had decided on McKenna - which is absolutely true - far more likely than your anti- Bloom narrative that we’d sack a manager just to stop Chelsea getting another one we liked - sorry that’s warped thinking based again on your Potter agenda that Brighton fans and the Club are so angry at Chelsea for stealing Potter we’d let it effect our current transfer business - grow up ffs

Well edited you weapon.
My whole post was directed at and quoting @holybanjo not you!

*Never mind, I can’t be bothered

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Didn’t realise having a difference of opinion or telling some hard truths constituted being a complete ****, whatever that may be. I’m not the kind of person to ever tow the company line or propaganda spin. The convenient narrative around Potter and the collective amnesia is absolute insanity if you ask me. Particularly for a club which relies on its model of succession plans. Seems some fans struggle to keep up with the realities of that process by childishly booing anyone who dare leave the club for a bigger pay check, players included.
It is the manner of the departure that gets people a bit passed off, Cucurella and Caicedo tried to force their moves through, and that can affect the transfer value. Mac Allister, Bissouma etc didn't and retain our respect. I have no issue with Garcia, De Zerbi, or other managers that decided to leave before their contract was up, if they go in the close season, not during it. Even then, it can be done with more respect than Potter seemed to show, I appreciate he had to make a quick decision, but it felt like he could not get out of here fast enough and cared not a bit about letting people here down. So f*** him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Well edited you weapon.
I think you have misunderstood

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here