Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A fiery character who has been racking up yellow cards for dissent for fun since his playing days, Hürzeler has also cited Oliver Glasner, Gian Piero Gasperini and Diego Simeone as inspirations.

Thank god. Was beginning to worry he was a wet lettuce lefty !!

This is a snip from an Athletic Article

“He is no wallflower. The wildness Hurzeler once had as a player is still there in the technical area. He had been yellow-carded seven times by February last season and when St Pauli scored a last-minute equaliser against Fortuna Dusseldorf in the DFB-Pokal quarter-finals, he was left celebrating among supporters, having been banished to the stands. Supporters love him and embrace him for his passion. Opponents tend to be ruffled by him, though. As do rival coaches.”

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

“No doubt, the data describing his growth has helped to attract Brighton. St Pauli played some of the prettiest football on their way to promotion but they were also among its most effective set-piece teams. They scored the fourth-most goals from dead-ball situations in 2023-24 and conceded the fewest.”

IN.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's a HUGE risk but f*** it, it's an ambitious, exciting, fun and forward thinking appointment. If it doesn't work then so be it but this is such a bold appointment and I'm loving the energy it's brought to the fan base.
Football is meant to be FUN

This is FUN.
It’s fun if it works!

I’ll decide how exciting it is after a couple of months of the season, I think. Years of hard work can unravel very rapidly in the Premier League.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
This is a snip from an Athletic Article

“He is no wallflower. The wildness Hurzeler once had as a player is still there in the technical area. He had been yellow-carded seven times by February last season and when St Pauli scored a last-minute equaliser against Fortuna Dusseldorf in the DFB-Pokal quarter-finals, he was left celebrating among supporters, having been banished to the stands. Supporters love him and embrace him for his passion. Opponents tend to be ruffled by him, though. As do rival coaches.”

A Shithousing manager, get him IN! :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
He’d been a coach for a very long time and taken a team into Europe, picking up some good results against top clubs. A lot, I’d say.
Yeah, a long time in a log-fellers' league. Came to Brighton with one good result against Arsenal in the Europa League under his belt, a good performance (but loss) against Man City and a middling season (under difficult circumstances) with Swansea.

Look, I'm exaggerating - a bit.

Point is, he had to earn the respect of players with his methods. FH will need to do the same.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It’s fun if it works!

I’ll decide how exciting it is after a couple of months of the season, I think. Years of hard work can unravel very rapidly in the Premier League.
That's the spirit !

It's fraught with danger isn't it?

@Zeberdi, prepare to be ducked in Falmer pond if Fab doesn't deliver instantly.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Finding it difficult to share some of the excitement. Seems to be based on him coming from a trendy club, playing a similar style and being a left-field appointment.

On the flip side, he’s younger than several of our senior players with no experience of coaching at the top level or of English football. He’s going to have to be pretty good from the off to command respect.

As always, I’ll trust that Tony Bloom knows best and can pull another rabbit out of the hat - but it’s certainly a risk when you compare it to the type of CV our other Premier League bosses boasted. It’s… interesting. Hopefully a stroke of genius.
Let’s go with your last sentence, after all it’s been a bit of a downer being a Brighton fan over the last few months. Something like this (if it comes to fruition of course) will certainly warm the cockles of the heart. :thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Work permit is something that came up in the original telegraph article. But I would imagine the guy will be paid at least a Milly a year on a 3 year contract, so I suspect the government would fast track this process seeing he will be paying way over a million in taxes over those 3 years !
Does he realise his household will need to pay an extra £2000 in taxes once Starmer gets in :moo:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
He is no wallflower. The wildness Hurzeler once had as a player is still there in the technical area. He had been yellow-carded seven times by February last season and when St Pauli scored a last-minute equaliser against Fortuna Dusseldorf in the DFB-Pokal quarter-finals, he was left celebrating among supporters, having been banished to the stands. Supporters love him and embrace him for his passion. Opponents tend to be ruffled by him, though. As do rival coaches.

Hail Hurzeler!

:love: :love: :love:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This is all rather exciting.

Started the week with the outside chance of going back to the ex that left us and ended it looking increasingly likely we've landed an exciting young manager who winds up rival players and coaches and celebrates in with the fans.

What a week.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It’s fun if it works!

Fair play for your posts.
Someone on here said that TB doesn't gamble with the club (which I think is right; he's meticulous), and this looks like the boldest appointment he's made. We'll see, I'm excited but won't be at the forefront of calling him tactically naive, etc if things don't go well -- I suspect a few others whose adrenaline levels are now going through the roof might not be so accommodating

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here