Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Is there going to be a welcoming flag for Fab at the first home game as we did for RDZ?

The person who organised the last one did a great job and I would be happy to chip in.

I asked and was told (not sure how reliably) that they were planning something for Dunk instead.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
1723823363771.png

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just got round to watching the most recent Inside Training video - its looking much more intense and pacy to me cf to under previous Coaches - lots of energy consuming one touch footwork and high acceleration exercises. If they are training at that level of intensity and pace all season, I have high hopes for our fitness levels.

Brighton's Inside Training | Focused on the Premier League kick off
https://videos.ctfassets.net/rrpvig...4b881e3dc818c87483b3/latest_latest_video_.mp4

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just got round to watching the most recent Inside Training video - its looking much more intense and pacy to me cf to under previous Coaches - lots of energy consuming one touch footwork and high acceleration exercises. If they are training at that level of intensity and pace all season, I have high hopes for our fitness levels.k

Brighton's Inside Training | Focused on the Premier League kick off
https://videos.ctfassets.net/rrpvig...4b881e3dc818c87483b3/latest_latest_video_.mp4

Last weekend Villa Real were done they couldn’t handle 90 minutes of the intense press, very impressive. If we can keep it up all season remains to be seen, it will be a squad game.
Minteh is superb at the press playing against him would be so fecking annoying 🤣

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I have high anxiety for our injury levels.
Understandable based on last season.

However last season was an anomaly I think - largely because it was the first season in Europe but also we lost several key players ( Pervis and March ) on long term injury at the start of the season. We therefore lacked the squad depth/experience in the squad to cope and in that situation, injuries become exponential.

The other issue I think was RDZ’s training style. Several players said from the start in 2022/23 the sessions were physically much less intense than Potter’s and more focussed on tactics - with the schedule we had in 2023/24, that probably meant players were going into matches with their head full of tactical nous and strategies but not always at peak fitness in terms of fatigue tolerance.

I think if that video is indicative of the intensity of training this season, with the squad much deeper (and with our new hotshot medic team), then that’s the reason why I have high hopes that we will get through the season without injuries defining it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The other issue I think was RDZ’s training style. Several players said from the start in 2022/23 the sessions were physically much less intense than Potter’s and more focussed on tactics - with the schedule we had in 2023/24, that probably meant players were going into matches with their head full of tactical nous and strategies but not always at peak fitness in terms of fatigue tolerance.

I think if that video is indicative of the intensity of training this season, with the squad much deeper (and with our new hotshot medic team), then that’s the reason why I have high hopes that we will get through the season without injuries defining it.
This is correct. The new German medical team believe that RDZ's regime lacked sufficient rigour in physical conditioning. They are addressing the issue with a higher volume of more intense training, supported by a more scientific approach to testing and monitoring.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Last weekend Villa Real were done they couldn’t handle 90 minutes of the intense press, very impressive. If we can keep it up all season remains to be seen, it will be a squad game.
Minteh is superb at the press playing against him would be so fecking annoying 🤣
Exactly what I said to my brother and son. He is like an annoying mosquito, even when he loses possession, there he is buzzing about at super-quick speed intercepting or challenging and more often than not successfully.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Of course I have absolute faith in Fabian Hürzeler but didn’t expect him to start the season on the front foot coming straight from a Bundesliga 2 side with only 18 months in the top job - I was expecting a few months at least to get acclimatised to the EPL but I think he’s show great flexibility and a willingness to depart from a system that he built around players at his disposal at St Pauli to one that worked for us today.

Not sure of his reasoning for not putting Hinsh on the right but I suspect he’s still tweaking the squad. The direct attacking football was very much Hürzeler and the right tactic today against Dyche-ball. Still needs tweaking at the back but if we score goals this season at the rate St Pauli were scoring last season we are in very good hands.

Good goal difference to start the season on:

IMG_2074.jpeg

Last edited:

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
We must be the only team that actively sends drones out to spy on coaching sessions etc...but not focus on any of the players, just watch the manager for the entire session, before we ask managers to come and work for us. Incredible stuff

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Main reason im happy with that win is this... If we'd lost or got a few bad results in our opening games you just know all the pundits and journalists reporting on them will have been itching to say ''well he's obviously too young, and too inexperienced''. The Merson's of this world would have been frothing at the mouth to criticise our managerial appointment. That could then be a theme that's difficult to shake. A winning start stops those negative opinions.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Main reason im happy with that win is this... If we'd lost or got a few bad results in our opening games you just know all the pundits and journalists reporting on them will have been itching to say ''well he's obviously too young, and too inexperienced''. The Merson's of this world would have been frothing at the mouth to criticise our managerial appointment. That could then be a theme that's difficult to shake. A winning start stops those negative opinions.
Let alone the negativity that would have dominated on NSC 😅

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here