Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Yeah, we don’t have to teach them good behavior. We saw them at the airport and arriving at the hotel, very professional!

Tommy Söderberg, our former national team gaffer, would have teached them a lesson.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yep. he's also setting out the ground rules by doing stuff like this..............whether explicit or not, his expectations should be clear to even the densest of players. Would love to see those on here critcising attempt something like this in German or another less familiar language to them to a large group of new staff (several of whom also don't speak very good English).
I agree. This is his first trip away. Do people think De Zerbi, or Potter, or Hughton, or any manager doesn't start off by setting the baseline expectation in a team environment?

The fact is, after a historic season, the club finished it in a funk. De Zerbi was in a complete sulk from January, half the team was injured, we couldn't buy a goal or a clean sheet, and most fans were desperate for the season to be over so we could sort out the ever-growing mess De Zerbi was looking likely to leave.

Poswitivity is one thing, and important, but actually it's the "best the best team mate" piece that stands out. Getting everybody to be the best team mate to everybody else is a real marker in mindset. Of course, top level pros should have a positive outlook, but sometimes that's hard to maintain. Trying to be the best you can be for your team mates is a much harder task, and one I think it's good to establish

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
People who got bent out of shape over FH's positivity might want to avoid today's video where he insists they all sing happy birthday to Yankuba Minteh (today's his birthday - I forgot to send a card)

I guess FB's rules for being a good teammate include

1. Congratulate your teammates on a good play
  2. Know when it's your teammate's birthday (from the video, I think it was Tariq who was first to answer FB's question of who's birthday it was)

Last edited:

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Why not? You think other teams might steal our revolutionary tactic of teamwork? In a team game?
No, as others have said, it makes it all look a bit Ted Lasso and pure cringe. Looking at your username maybe you’re used to that sort of thing. As I said I expect him to say those sort of things but let the guy have his privacy with the team.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
No, as others have said, it makes it all look a bit Ted Lasso and pure cringe. Looking at your username maybe you’re used to that sort of thing. As I said I expect him to say those sort of things but let the guy have his privacy with the team.
Would you rather have John Sitton then? :ohmy:

Pure cringe or not this tour is very much a PR exercise so the more happy clappy stuff the better. I’m sure FH and the rest of the coaching staff know exactly when to pull the plug on the fly on the wall cameras. Just enjoy it, at least everyone seems to be having a good time with the bonding love in. :albion2:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
For balance I’ve heard he’s going to be head to toe in Stone Island at the Everton game

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
People who got bent out of shape over FH's positivity might want to avoid today's video where he insists they all sing happy birthday to Yankuba Minteh (today's his birthday - I forgot to send a card)

2. Know when it's your teammate's birthday (from the video, I think it was Tariq who was first to answer FB's question of who's birthday it was)

Ah it was nice watching them hugging Malcouye when he won the early food comp. The new African guys look really shy and nervous.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

I really enjoyed that video 👍

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Ah it was nice watching them hugging Malcouye when he won the early food comp. The new African guys look really shy and nervous.
If I understood what they were doing there, he won so the whole table got to eat first. So that's probably at least part of the excitement. The boys were hungry!

Either way, silly as it is, and as much of a miserable old cynic that I am, if it helps them bond, it's good stuff.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
If I understood what they were doing there, he won so the whole table got to eat first. So that's probably at least part of the excitement. The boys were hungry!

Either way, silly as it is, and as much of a miserable old cynic that I am, if it helps them bond, it's good stuff.
Yeah. Imagine being 18. Miles from home. In that environment. Whatever the reason, as soon as old pro's like milner start giving you a cuddle you're going to start feeling at home. It all matters.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yeah. Imagine being 18. Miles from home. In that environment. Whatever the reason, as soon as old pro's like milner start giving you a cuddle you're going to start feeling at home. It all matters.
Exactly this! A few days in Brighton, now in Japan, with a squad that mostly knows each other very well.
They are brave lads following their dreams 😎

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It’s the joyful whistling I find refreshing, compelling and absolutely hilarious.

Baleba is now my favourite player.

Feels a bit obvious - we’ve always seemed to have a decent team ethic - but no harm in being explicit about his values. They know what he expects of them first and foremost. The stuff we won’t see would be more interesting. How he reacts if players don’t work hard for each other or criticise rather than encourage. He now has the justification to lay into them if that happens.

Just normal manager talk, especially with the cameras rolling. If it was RDZ telling them they needed big balls and to fight for each other in broken English, that would be much the same and nobody would make a Ted Lasso comparison.

Perhaps we should see how he fares before taking the piss.
Agree. I imagine it's just normal talk in a group that happens everywhere. Nothing to see here other than a new manager giving some positivity.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
At this point you’re being embarrassed for them which is a little odd. It may be a bit more OTT than we are used to but I’m happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. He took a struggling side to a near promotion followed by a championship, not with the biggest budget either. Some of that i assume is how he bonds a team together and on that basis we can cut him slack maybe and let him manage how he deems fit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here