Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I feel his English is excellent but he still needs a RDZ style translator. Phil Parkinson would be ideal.

For "I have two values: positivity and be the best teammate, guys" Phil could then chime in with something like "We want some f***ing positivity, some f***ing, top bollocks positivity and then f***ing be the best f***ing team- f***ing-mate you can f***ing be. Alright lads?"

Should help the 8 or 9 old skool geezers we have in the squad.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yah load of old tosh that video,I'd much prefer a video of him banging on about pvc shorts and marching in time to a ABBA song! Wtf do people think team meetings are about if not to dissect what can be improved upon?

He's using a certain clip of training to identify that a new player was the only one who showed any passion after his keeper made a great save,it seems the rest of those playing couldn't be arsed so rightly called them out on it.

I mean he could of just not bothered noticing it and let the one player think wtf did I bother but he didn't,I like the fact he used it to make the other players aware of it even if it was just a training session.

Also wtf is the fixation on how his hair may look under his bloody hat?
When did having thinning hair have fk all to do with being a good football manager.

Dunka, yours truly Mrs Hurzeler
Sad Jim Carrey GIF

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Top teams and managers know the benefit of having a team full of positivity, all fighting for each other. Just watch the Arsenal & City doc series. Literally every team talk or training ground chat includes this sort of stuff, sometimes more so than any tactical chat.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Feels a bit obvious - we’ve always seemed to have a decent team ethic - but no harm in being explicit about his values. They know what he expects of them first and foremost. The stuff we won’t see would be more interesting. How he reacts if players don’t work hard for each other or criticise rather than encourage. He now has the justification to lay into them if that happens.

Just normal manager talk, especially with the cameras rolling. If it was RDZ telling them they needed big balls and to fight for each other in broken English, that would be much the same and nobody would make a Ted Lasso comparison.

Perhaps we should see how he fares before taking the piss.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I think we suffered from a lack of ‘positivity’ from RDZ for the last half a season, and I expect it’s what FH is trying to re-instill.
Setting his values at the start of the season is important. It is what leaders should do at outset. Values being core to what a team is about. The club have them, so surely the first team coach should also.
The one mistake is having the camera rolling when this is being communicated. Certain things need to be behind closed doors.
Agree though, that it does come across as a bit Ted Lasso.
The one player that we really miss out in Japan is Lewis Dunk, who as captain will ‘translate’ positivity to the other players.
Seems as if Adam Webster is taking on this role from what I can see of the clips.
And missing Pascal too - in his quietly efficient Germanic way. You do need characters like Webby as well

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
And missing Pascal too - in his quietly efficient Germanic way. You do need characters like Webby as well

Indeed. Praised for his leadership and attitude by both RdZ and Potter. It is also very, very important that the core of the team remains British, and preferably local, or the culture of actually giving a f*** about on and off pitch behaviour could be gone in no time.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think having experienced pro's like Milner and Welbeck is a big part of that. They set the example and teach the younger players what's expected of them every day not just the 90 minutes on a Saturday.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think having experienced pro's like Milner and Welbeck is a big part of that. They set the example and teach the younger players what's expected of them every day not just the 90 minutes on a Saturday.
They also need someone like Bruno who made sure that the players didn't exclusively spend time with other speakers of the same language. New players will naturally gravitate towards people they can speak to and understand but studies have shown that the most successful teams have varied friendship groups.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Feels a bit obvious - we’ve always seemed to have a decent team ethic - but no harm in being explicit about his values. They know what he expects of them first and foremost. The stuff we won’t see would be more interesting. How he reacts if players don’t work hard for each other or criticise rather than encourage. He now has the justification to lay into them if that happens.

Just normal manager talk, especially with the cameras rolling. If it was RDZ telling them they needed big balls and to fight for each other in broken English, that would be much the same and nobody would make a Ted Lasso comparison.

Perhaps we should see how he fares before taking the piss.
Yep. he's also setting out the ground rules by doing stuff like this..............whether explicit or not, his expectations should be clear to even the densest of players. Would love to see those on here critcising attempt something like this in German or another less familiar language to them to a large group of new staff (several of whom also don't speak very good English).

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yep. he's also setting out the ground rules by doing stuff like this..............whether explicit or not, his expectations should be clear to even the densest of players. Would love to see those on here critcising attempt something like this in German or another less familiar language to them to a large group of new staff.
Yup, this. Must be hugely daunting for an über-young foreign manager with an ill-judged haircut who's not yet developed the necessary hard outer shell, to try and bend our multi-continent group of puffed-up little hotshots (who have already seen it all, done it all, by their way of thinking, in their short insta-lives) round to his will. They'll all have encountered way more forceful personalities as managers already. Wishing him good luck with that, and also wish that this vid hadn't been made so publicly, er, public

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with the video or the coach speak deployed by Hurzeler. If anyone has watched shows like Hard Knocks for NFL teams this is fairly standard stuff. we are not going to see any of the football related stuff so this was a nice little glimpse inside the team. I'm really enjoying the coverage of this tour so far, good work by the club.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
It's nice to see how so many posters are getting a head start on the bed wetting already. First injuries, now a throw away motivational speech from the coach.

We're doomed already, it seems. Might as well not bother.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As others have said nothing unusual about what he’s saying but the social media team have had a shocker by filming and sharing it. Just no need.
Yup, this. On top of the ill-advised bowl-cut presser it's almost like the media team are setting the guy up to fail. Or he's doing it all by himself WTF :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here