Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup R3 - Pompey

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
So am I right in that Season Ticket holders get first choice (rightly so) then it's just general sale? No preference for people who go every other week, or went to one of the earlier rounds? Surely this is gonna sell out so would have thought they might have given loyal fans at least a couple of days ahead of the general public?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just purchased Exeter and Bournemouth away tickets but no sign of Pompey tickets on-line!

Guess somebody has forgotten to push the right button!!!

Thanks, I am not going f***ing stoopid then as Portsmouth not there yet

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Whatever wy he club do it someone is going to get annoyed.

My advise would be that if you want to go to the game then you get it sorted pretty early on the 23rd.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So Pompey have got the east and the north east stands...Should be interesting at the final whistle and queueing up before kick off. Loads of overtime for the old bill that afternoon. The club must be mad, talk about asking for trouble. Why didn't they just give them the away stand and a section of the north, like they did at withdean years ago. Would be far easier to police and keep, the majority of fans apart after game. Clueless!!!

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
presumably cos they asked for it

well, well clever bollocks i would never have guessed.

so are you telling me that despite all the fuss they made FCUM never actually asked for their full allocation?:tosser:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Or, perhaps, the club have reviewed the decision taken over the FCUM game, and have realised the mistake made to restrict FCUMs allocation, and made a positive decision to change it for future games. f*** me, it's not about being 'found out', what is it about the anti club brigade on this site?

Basically every argument the club gave about only giving the Mancs 10% has been shot out of the water by them giving Pompey 15%.

There will be Brighton fans trying to get at Pompey and vice versa. You couldn't have said that about the FCUM game.

Makes the decision even more puzzling and makes me feel even sorrier for the Mancs now.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Basically every argument the club gave about only giving the Mancs 10% has been shot out of the water by them giving Pompey 15%.

There will be Brighton fans trying to get at Pompey and vice versa. You couldn't have said that about the FCUM game.

Makes the decision even more puzzling and makes me feel even sorrier for the Mancs now.

So are you suggesting that the club decided to reduce the FCUM allocation just because they felt like it or out of spite towards such a little club? You don't think that they would have been given some advice and guidance about what to expect from the FCUM fans 1st before making a decision? Or that they may have been acting on advise of others including maybe the FA who may have regarded their trouble element that even their own fans referred to, setting off of flares, constant standing at matches and their pitch invasion at Rochdale as warranting the Cat C classification?

No, it is far easier for you to criticise and blame the club without being in full knowledge of the facts that influenced the decision!!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
So am I right in that Season Ticket holders get first choice (rightly so) then it's just general sale? No preference for people who go every other week, or went to one of the earlier rounds? Surely this is gonna sell out so would have thought they might have given loyal fans at least a couple of days ahead of the general public?

totally agree.
surely after sth get their tickets fans that have attended matches in earlier rounds should get priority before tickets go on general sale (even if just for 1 day)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So are you suggesting that the club decided to reduce the FCUM allocation just because they felt like it or out of spite towards such a little club? You don't think that they would have been given some advice and guidance about what to expect from the FCUM fans 1st before making a decision? Or that they may have been acting on advise of others including maybe the FA who may have regarded their trouble element that even their own fans referred to, setting off of flares, constant standing at matches and their pitch invasion at Rochdale as warranting the Cat C classification?

No, it is far easier for you to criticise and blame the club without being in full knowledge of the facts that influenced the decision!!

I know the facts. FCUM pub team from the north act up a little bit now and again mainly because of their huge following for the level they are playing at.

Pompey local rivals history of violence between the two clubs.

The decision is so baffling that I can only assume the stuff the club fed up prior to the FCUM was bollocks.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
it will be carnage....

No it won't :rolleyes:

Unless you're talking about this thread, in which case the word will be "binfest".

Jesus Christ, it's nearly 2011, not 1981. Pompey will have fans in the hundreds, not the thousands. Most of whom (amazingly, I know) will actually be reasonably civilised human beings, albeit ones with poor taste in football teams. Where exactly does that suggest "carnage"? And more importantly, when was the last case of "carnage" at an Albion game? Not in this century, if ever.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And while we're on the subject, FCUM- regardless of their origins- are a club with an average attendance of about 2,000, if that. So why the hell should they have been able to demand a larger allocation of tickets? Their gates are on a par with Macclesfield or Morecambe, and we wouldn't bother sending them extra. Just because it's a bigger game than they normally play, suddenly many more of the locals crawl out of the woodwork and become lifelong FCUM. I don't necessarily see why that should be accommodated.

Pompey may be a bunch of thieving crooks, but their gates are in the region of 14,000-15,000, which says to me they're entitled to their full allocation. As a club I can't stand them, but to me they have far more right to extra tickets than a non league club, no matter how sing-y FCUM's fans were.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Already got mine :thumbsup:

Bring on the apocalyptic scenes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here