Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup Final:Portsmouth v Cardiff

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Wembley Stadium just played " glad all over" ! can you imagine the reaction if it had been the Albion that had won....talk about an insult !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No I don't. I missed all those chances they created and the pressure they put Portsmouth under. I missed their DESPERATION in trying to get back into the game. I missed all the moments where the Portsmouth back four had to break into sweat. In fact, I reckon they played bloody well. It's just I watched the whole match and I didn't see it.

has it ever occured to you why so many people argue with you?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Carfdiff created pretty much nothing in decent chances, but nor did Portsmouth if it wasnt for Enkleman being shit we would still be watching now

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
No I don't. I missed all those chances they created and the pressure they put Portsmouth under. I missed their DESPERATION in trying to get back into the game. I missed all the moments where the Portsmouth back four had to break into sweat. In fact, I reckon they played bloody well. It's just I watched the whole match and I didn't see it.

You are right, you just don't see it. More bollocks as usual, Cardiff just lacked penetration and couldn't break down the Pompey back four, lacked a cutting edge and just ran out of ideas helped by a tight defence. Portsmouth played 4-5-1 giving little space between the centre and the backs and once their defence had sorted out how to play the ball over the top Cardiff had been using to good effect in the first half the chances dried up.

As many people have now pointed out, you know f*** all about football. Try playing it you may just learn a bit more.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You are right, you just don't see it. More bollocks as usual, Cardiff just lacked penetration and couldn't break down the Pompey back four, lacked a cutting edge and just ran out of ideas helped by a tight defence. Portsmouth played 4-5-1 giving little space between the centre and the backs and once their defence had sorted out how to play the ball over the top Cardiff had been using to good effect in the first half the chances dried up.

As many people have now pointed out, you know f*** all about football. Try playing it you may just learn a bit more.

So you are agreeing that Cardiff did not create anything.

Enckleman misjudged a couple of the crosses, and that was the only margin of error today, though portsmouth shut cardiff out well.

Though i felt cardiff should have taken more time on the ball in pompey half and made runs rather than going for the through balls every time.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Yeah he is. He's just taken more time to use a few pointless fancy words. Total spanner.

Perhaps I should have quoted this set of bollocks instead

I missed their DESPERATION in trying to get back into the game. I missed all the moments where the Portsmouth back four had to break into sweat.

Really does show what a pompous know it all prick you are.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Problem is some people on here were so desperate for it to be a good final just to show that the big four are bad for football, it seems to clud some peoples judgement.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I quite enjoyed it, I thought it was a good first half but the second half just ran out of steam really.
As for Cardiff not creating any chances, they never really created anything clear cut, but that was mostly due to a combination of good portsmouth defending and not being clinical in the final third. They had some promising attacks in the first 30 mins which COULD have resulted in proper chances, they just weren't good enough to carve them out. After the portsmouth goal cardiff seemed to run out of ideas.
I think some people had made their minds up before the game that it was going to be shit because it's two unfashionable teams, it wasn't a classic by any means but was much better than last year, and I seem to remember the one with arsenal and southampton being bloody awful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here