Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup Final:Portsmouth v Cardiff

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
i don't understand what your argument is.. that cardiff were amazing and created lots?!

Not at all, just that Badger's original post stems from Cardiff were shit, no explanation just they were shit and that his consistant analysis of any game consists of someone or a team either being shit or good, no insightful comments or observations about why, just they were shit and a bit of sarcasm thrown in when someone dares to disagree with him.

The below pretty well summed it up for me:

I quite enjoyed it, I thought it was a good first half but the second half just ran out of steam really.
As for Cardiff not creating any chances, they never really created anything clear cut, but that was mostly due to a combination of good portsmouth defending and not being clinical in the final third. They had some promising attacks in the first 30 mins which COULD have resulted in proper chances, they just weren't good enough to carve them out. After the portsmouth goal cardiff seemed to run out of ideas.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Theatre of Trees, also very nice to see you get your usual argument of "if you don't play football you know nothing about it" in there. Truly pathetic from a clueless clown of a man. What's the required standard someone has to play at before their opinion is worthwhile? What standard do you play at, seeing as you're quite the genius? Are you writing off the views of 99% of all football fans, as I'm sure most don't play football seriously?

I'd love to see you try and argue that one.

I love the way you've transformed your argument from 'Cardiff were shit' (which I responded to) to 'Cardiff didn't create any chances'. Which, surprise! someone agreed with you about.

Distin and Campbell did look quite comfortable in the second half and Cardiff didn't create much in the way of chances, but they were far from outplayed against a team in the top half of the Premiership. They had a fair amount of possession too and about 10 min of genuine pressure - no mean feat given the difference in quality between the teams.

Some of their players caught the eye too. I would imagine at least a couple from Johnson, Loovens, Ramsey, Ledley and McNaughton will find themselves playing in the Premiership next season.

Anyway, maybe you're right. They were shit, absolute shit, didn't really want to win it. I tell you what, let's wait until the papers come out tomorrow. You post all the pieces agreeing with you and I'll post those that agree with me? Deal? Good luck.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Theatre of Trees, also very nice to see you get your usual argument of "if you don't play football you know nothing about it" in there. Truly pathetic from a clueless clown of a man. What's the required standard someone has to play at before their opinion is worthwhile? What standard do you play at, seeing as you're quite the genius? Are you writing off the views of 99% of all football fans, as I'm sure most don't play football seriously?

I'd love to see you try and argue that one.

Anything that is remotely competitive on a consistent basis will give you a basic understanding of what it is like playing in a team something that none of your comments have ever hinted at having insight about - and I am not the only one saying this either.

Playing wise did a bit of Sunday league in the 80s usually as a second string untalented keeper and as I have now hit my 40s I just regularly play competitive 5-a-side. You don't have to play at the highest levels to understand the basics of how the game operates.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Better than disagreeing with someone, telling them they talk bollocks, and then posting the same opinion though?

As for insightful, are you really expecting insightful posts DURING or immediately after a game? Just because someone posts "Cardiff were shit" does not mean that is the extent of their reasoning. Otherwise I could find a comment by pretty much everyone on here 'proving' they know nothing. Basically, you're a bullshitter. You think posting 100 words means you override any posts of three or four words. It doesn't, you're still clueless.

Desperate.

There you go - that's one word, I don't need any more.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
You've got to be winding me up here? You've played SUNDAY LEAGUE? Is that it? And that gives you a better grasp of football than people who haven't? Jesus wept. I've played Sunday League for about half of the years I've been on this planet, but I'd never dream of claiming it's even remotely relevant to analysing an FA Cup Final!

Fair enough, but what's your excuse for knowing so little about a game you've watched and played for so many years? :shrug:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Better than disagreeing with someone, telling them they talk bollocks, and then posting the same opinion though?

As for insightful, are you really expecting insightful posts DURING or immediately after a game? Just because someone posts "Cardiff were shit" does not mean that is the extent of their reasoning. Otherwise I could find a comment by pretty much everyone on here 'proving' they know nothing. Basically, you're a bullshitter. You think posting 100 words means you override any posts of three or four words. It doesn't, you're still clueless.

I'm expecting some reasonable comment rather than a hysterical bollocks fuelled rant. I prefer reading a post which at least has a modicum of thought behind it rather than they were just shit because it shows you up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here