Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup Final:Portsmouth v Cardiff

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
'God Save The Queen' has been played whenever England have played as far as I can remember. I can't remember an international game where it hasn't been played?

So, if someone sneaked it into the law books we could have Good Old Sussex By The Sea as our national anthem? Something for our local mp's to think about...

Disagree with your last point if, as is probably true for most people, God Save The Queen is considered as the English anthem(even if only as a stand in anthem).

I was talking about the Rugby - where the UK National Anthem isn't played.

Sorry I don't really care what people consider, it is either the English National Anthem or not...

.. and it isn't.

My point is there were a fair few people banging on about the Welsh National Anthem being played at the cup final, where technically the English one isn't even that.

You could argue that the only correct Anthem to play today was only the UK One.., but that's a little petty to stop the Welsh singing theirs because we havent got our arses in gear to sort one out.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Its just a replica of the semi,Pompey slightly second best,just done enough with a goal from a keepers bad parry.
Jones needs to get Hasselbaink off now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Glad to see Pompey winning at the mo. Cardiff fans booing their own national anthem at the start. What a bunch of retards!!!!

Cardiff players all seem to be whinging twats as well,

Can condone that, but not surprised - just look at the hypocrisy that have to put up with.

Shouldn't be in the cup final because there are Welsh.

Should have to sing along with the National Anthem because they are Welsh.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not exactly enthralling viewing, is it?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not really. FA Cup finals rarely are. Barring the West Ham Liverpool one a few years back of course.

Still, it's been a huge improvement on last years "game"

?

It's only since it's been dominated by the big clubs that it's become rubbish, there have been some cracking finals over the years.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Poor game. Not the fault of Cardiff who ultimately tried their best, but when you hear that Pompey haven't lost in the 21 games they've gone ahead this season, you had little confidence of an upset.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Did David James have a save to make? Shit from Cardiff, total shit.

They were alright for the first twenty minutes, he had one save to make.

Pretty shit match really, but obviously because non of the big four were playing it was 100 times better than last year...:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here