Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA approach hodgson westbrom give permission to talk!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Would be happy with Cahill or Lescott, having it. To be honest I don't like the concept of a 'permanent captain' anyway. Puts too much pressure on the manager to find a place for that player in every side, regardless of form / tactics / opposition.

If I were manager, I'd just do the Italian thing and give it to the player with the most caps. If forced to choose a permanent one, I'd give it to the only player guaranteed a place - Joe Hart.

I forgot about Hart, thats a very good shout

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Horrible press conference - large number of questions about bloody Redknapp which I found to be very disrespectful to Hodgson on the biggest day in his career. The FA have chosen the best man for the job the fact the press got it wrong and their mate didn't get it has really pissed them off. Hopefully Hodgson does not listen to them and just gets on with the job rather than trying to pander to them.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Good luck to the guy. He's going to need it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nice edit :thumbsup:

Even those people who get angry at Poyet for playing Barnes on the wing and CMS up front on his own give him credit for all the good he's done in lifting us off the bottom and taking us to our highest position in 20 years. I'm just surprised that you are so negative about Redknapp. Of course no manager is perfect or beyond criticism, plenty of people criticising Fergie's team selection last night or Mourinho's style when he was at Chelsea.

Perhaps one gets a clearer image when viewed from the outside, I've seen Spurs throw money at signings year after year and change manager after manager in an attempt to reach your 80's form again, hell even finishing in the top half of the table has been a struggle for most of the premiership years. You finally have a manager who has delivered three consecutive very successful seasons, and does that without compromising the attractive football that Spurs is known for, and apparently the fans want rid. Its a strange one.

I thought it for the best!!!!!

Maybe it is better from the outside, his stubborness is killing us atm, we wont get top 4 this season and that is mainly down to him changing from 2 flying wingers to sticking Bale in the middle and attacking purely down the crowded middle and playing into teams like Stoke/Wolves hands.

When Andy Townsend can see the problem and the manager cant, you know there is an issue.

How would you feel if Poyet turned around and Called Brighton Fans idiots for questioning him? saying "this is as good as they have ever had" completely offending the club during the Bill Nic era also went down well

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Always said Hart as captain. Makes perfect sense. He's completely committed, a world class keeper, as a goalie will rarely if ever be injured. Shuts down the whole stupid captain debate for a good 10 years.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
People moaning we not got twitchy

Twitchy Comp 10mill

Woy comp 0mill

Woy wages are half that of capellos where as twitchy would have been the same as capellos i would think.

Good business really

You get what you pay for in this World. If cheap is your prerequisite then you only deserve pity

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I thought it for the best!!!!!

Maybe it is better from the outside, his stubborness is killing us atm, we wont get top 4 this season and that is mainly down to him changing from 2 flying wingers to sticking Bale in the middle and attacking purely down the crowded middle and playing into teams like Stoke/Wolves hands.

When Andy Townsend can see the problem and the manager cant, you know there is an issue.

How would you feel if Poyet turned around and Called Brighton Fans idiots for questioning him? saying "this is as good as they have ever had" completely offending the club during the Bill Nic era also went down well

Poyet has on several occasions - 'people who criticise Barnes don't understand football' - 'if you want the ball lumped forward fine, but I'll be back in Uruguay (I paraphrase that one)' and so on. Thankfully the silent majority know he's right.

From the outside it seems that the uncertainty over the England job was the catalyst for your slump. But In expect key players did get tired, you don't have the strength in depth of the other teams up there. But i'd be surprised if Chelsea can catch you for fourth now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Poyet has on several occasions - 'people who criticise Barnes don't understand football' - 'if you want the ball lumped forward fine, but I'll be back in Uruguay (I paraphrase that one)' and so on. Thankfully the silent majority know he's right.

From the outside it seems that the uncertainty over the England job was the catalyst for your slump. But In expect key players did get tired, you don't have the strength in depth of the other teams up there. But i'd be surprised if Chelsea can catch you for fourth now.

For me rotation isnt all about changing the starting 11, there have been times this season we have battered teams and been 3 up at HT, take Bale and Modders off.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A much better appointment than Redknapp, just a shame the media and England's clueless fans almost certainly wont take to him and he'll be forced out in under a year having done absolutely nothing wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only possible cloud on the horizon.

He's saying he has a 'big job on his hands'.

Is that a habit of his, or are there no toilets @ The FA.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Only in this country would we criticise a manger with a wealth of experience in the game. Internationally getting the football powerhouse that is Switzerland to 3rd in world! Also having a very good club level record, here and abroad. On the other hand we have the "peoples favourite" Harry, a manager who has done well at Spurs and lower clubs, by spending way beyond their means. If the media don't give the guy a chance I will lose what little faith and interest I have in the international game.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Unbelievable.
The FA have settled for mediocrity, all be it English mediocrity. Now a few on here will understand what LFC supporters had to put up with, at least for only a few games a year.
Does anyone know why HR was overlooked, or was it just a question of money?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

He's shit?

Besides, Liverpool suppporters are now happy with Dalglish, so I hope you wont mind if I discard your views on the matter as they clearly count for little.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Unbelievable.
The FA have settled for mediocrity, all be it English mediocrity. Now a few on here will understand what LFC supporters had to put up with, at least for only a few games a year.

The football world doesn't revolve around bloody Liverpool fc, it stopped when Man U started smashing them in the early 90's. How many other clubs has Roy done a cracking job at. There is nothing mediocre about what he has achieved in the game, what exactly has Harry achieved lets see the list!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The football world doesn't revolve around bloody Liverpool fc, it stopped when Man U started smashing them in the early 90's. How many other clubs has Roy done a cracking job at. There is nothing mediocre about what he has achieved in the game, what exactly has Harry achieved lets see the list!

to be fair, bankrupting Portsmouth, whilst perhaps not being much of an achievement has done a lot for the game.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Does it even matter?

At the end of the day whoever takes on this job has not got a hope in hell of satisfying the ridiculous expectations of the fans and media.

It's like managing Wigan with the expectation level of manchester united

Roy, Harry even Pep would not make a difference.

You can't polish a turd

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
One thing is for certain, with Hodgson in charge at the Euro's, England will find it easy against Sweden, but may stwuggle against Fwance and Ukwaine.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm quite pleased Hodgson has been appointed. It means we have absolutely no chance of winning
anything -so we can just watch without any pressure.

Thank gawd for the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here