Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yes if they go for a one-stop strategy. If they did 2 stops could go for MED-MED-SOFT or MED-SOFT-MED

OK, this surely plays into the hands of Verstappen starting with softs on pole, wouldn't it? Can he do one stop switching to hards, will soft then hard be enough to finish the race on?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
OK, this surely plays into the hands of Verstappen starting with softs on pole, wouldn't it? Can he do one stop switching to hards, will soft then hard be enough to finish the race on?

Yes it will be if Max keeps the lead from the start. If he doesn’t then the soft tyres will degrade quicker if following other cars and he might have to change to hards sooner than he’d like. Either way it’s likely Lewis will finish the race on a newer set of hard tyres which could prove to be critical albeit he’d have to overtake Max. I hope that’s how it plays out. I hope given all the hype we don’t get a mechanical failure or some other issue making it all a damp squid.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Can't see Lewis coming out of the first corner in the lead with Max starting on the softs unless Max has an absolute stinker. If Lewis can stay in P2 I think he will be fairly happy as the only one of the top 4 starting on the mediums. P2 at the end of the first lap then it's on for a classic race

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Chico directly behind Lewis on the grid seems to be forgotten.

He’s also on soft tyres and could easily be alongside Lewis going into the first corner. I wouldn’t expect him to give any quarter if that were the case.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

He’s also on soft tyres and could easily be alongside Lewis going into the first corner. I wouldn’t expect him to give any quarter if that were the case.

do you think he'll be up to ramming speed?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He has the potential to take Hamilton out and take the penalty. Red Bull would take whatever penalty comes with a smile too

I said this earlier in the thread. What a shit ending to the season that would be :down:

I like to think he has more class though

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That Max will be a multi-time World Champion in years to come is in no doubt for me, but I hope Lewis gets No. 8 today.

I also hope it's clean, fast racing within the rules that decides the outcome either way, but we'll see on that!

Will it be a couple of hours, or will it all be over in 10 mins time?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He has the potential to take Hamilton out and take the penalty. Red Bull would take whatever penalty comes with a smile too

I said this earlier in the thread. What a shit ending to the season that would be :down:

I like to think he has more class though

Horner, Verstappen and Red Bull have zero class.
It would not surprise me in the slightest if Red Bull win this with dirty tricks.
All this build up and it could all be over in lap 1 as this is F1, exciting today but usually tediously boring.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Great start - Hamilton leads into the first corner!

Edit: Drama!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
giphy.gif

NO. INVESTIGATION. NECESSARY.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
to be fair think that's been called wrong.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Lewis is going to have to do this all by himself because he’s getting naff all support from Bottas.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Karen Horner livid. [emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here