Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F*ck (Albion press conference at Noon)

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
I think whatever happens its clear he has been offered the job, so if he does stay we should give him the biggest reception hes ever had at Withdean for sticking with us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Platypuss said:
Isn't the concept of a secret press conference a tad silly?

If there was really to be a press conference at 12 noon, it should have been announced officially by now!

Maybe it's the actual announcement of a press conference that will arrive at 12?

It's only 10:00. Plenty of time for an announcement yet! It's not as if they have to give all of the nationals time to get their top reporters down to Brighton. We're only talking the Arsegas and SCR.

Also, look at it another way-nobody from the club has come on here to deny it have they? Nor have they done so on the mailing list either.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Southy said:
I think whatever happens its clear he has been offered the job, so if he does stay we should give him the biggest reception hes ever had at Withdean for sticking with us.

Totally agree Southy.

I would prefer him to stay and if he does we have to create a wall of noise for the whole game on Saturday. If he goes-we have to make the same wall of noise.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Bozza said:
Coppell and Knight ARE currently in "Please stay Steve" talks.

He's outta here.

can you substantiate?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Southy said:

Too right. If he turned down Reading then that would make him a super hero in our eyes.

Still hoping until it happens

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I tell ya what....this wont happen but if it did it would shut everyone up on here:

Coppelll signs 1 year extension

:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
HELLO??? HAS THIS PRESS CONFERENCE BEEN ANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY?

sorry for shouting

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
In todays Argus:

"Albion Boss SC is on the brink of leaving for first Div Reading"

"Chairman DK was engaged in a desparate battle to persuade Coppell to stay last night following an official approach from the Berkshire club"

DK commented "certainly Reading are after our Manager and I am doing my level best to persuade him to stay. I am not aware that he has spoken to them but that does not say that he hasn't. I know as of Tuesday night he had not. Just as with Micky Adams if the manager wants to speak to another club then I am going to allow him to do so." Knight denied he has an agreement with Coppell that he can go if he has a better offer. "there is no such arrangement in his contract"

Coppell refused to confirm that he had spoken to Reading yesterday "I cannot say a great deal to be honest. I enjoy working at Brighton full stop. This would not be an issue if the stadium were resolved"

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
THE F**KING STADIUM

we are naked

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Seagullsgonnagetya said:

Coppell refused to confirm that he had spoken to Reading yesterday "I cannot say a great deal to be honest. I enjoy working at Brighton full stop. This would not be an issue if the stadium were resolved"

look at that last bit in detail - If we did'nt have to go to this extra inquiry this month because of the NIMBY bastards then we would possibly have the green light for falmer already and SC would've turned reading down.

FACT - SC does'nt want to stay at a club that possibly wont get a new stadium
FACT - We have no money for playes Reading do
FACT - They have a stadium already....we dont
FACT - They are in Div 1 and can offer him better wages & future
FACT - Falmer is the most important thing to this club, its the only think I'm worried about this year
FACT - I've had 4 coffee's already this morning

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So, let me get this straight, West Ham approach Reading officially, twice, and are refused permission. Reading's arse of a chairman then announces the move, and the wages WH are prepared to offer, thus ensuring Pardew knows about it, and then has the utter front to complain about West Ham's illegal tactics.

Meanwhile, the comes after Peter Taylor, Ronnie Moore, and now our manager.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE MADJESKI, YOU GREASY, TWO FACED ARSE?

I hate Reading even more now, why don't the rest of the team go as well, they obviously have a thing about our players and staff.

And as for you, Coppell, if you go, you'll be back to being a Palace w****r with VD in no time at all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
edna krabappel said:
So, let me get this straight, West Ham approach Reading officially, twice, and are refused permission. Reading's arse of a chairman then announces the move, and the wages WH are prepared to offer, thus ensuring Pardew knows about it, and then has the utter front to complain about West Ham's illegal tactics.

The difference is huge. West Ham asked to speak to Pardew, Reading said 'no'.

Reading ask to speak to Coppell, Knight says 'yes'. Reading have done everything correctly and by the book.

Edna has got it in one. ArseReading claim that they would never do such a thing, yet they seem to want everything from Brighton.

I want to go to Majedski and stick his kettle up his arse, bringing a whole new meaning to the words pot kettle and black

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But so did West Ham.

Reading have not a shred of evidence to prove there was an illegal approach.

Madjeski was the one who announced West Ham had approached him, and then publicised the salary they were prepared to offer him.

edna krabappel said:

I hate Reading even more now, why don't the rest of the team go as well, they obviously have a thing about our players and staff.

And as for you, Coppell, if you go, you'll be back to being a Palace w****r with VD in no time at all.

Absolutely. its truly unbelievable the bare faced cheek of that TWAT Madjeski. Absolutely unreal.

And listen to me.....

COPPELL IS GOING TO READING.

Stop kidding yourselves. f*** him, the dirty Palace scouse scumbag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here