Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F*ck (Albion press conference at Noon)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I reckon Booker will be offered the job if this is true. I think it'll be the wrong move, but I reckon it'll happen.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
i hear that Glenn Roeder is still looking for a job:shootself

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Looks bad. From MAD website.

Both the Guardian and The Times this morning claim that the Royals are near to naming former Brentford boss Steve Coppell as their new manager.

It is believed that Glenn Hoddle, the clubs preferred candidate for the vacant managerial post, has turned Reading down for the second time in his career.

The ex-England manager was sacked by Tottenham ten days ago and had looked set to take the fast track back into club management. However, it is reported that as in 1999, Hoddle has turned down the chance to manage Reading at the eleventh hour.

So the club are thought to have turned their attentions to Brighton & Hove Albion boss Steve Coppell, a man with a proven record in Nationwide League football.

It is alleged that the Royals received official permission from the Seagulls to speak to the 48-year-old yesterday and have now agreed a £100,000 compensation package with the South Coast side.

The Times and The Guardian both report that Coppell should be formally unveiled as the new boss within the next 36 hours.

Reading MAD believe that if Coppell was to be appointed it would be a fantastic move for the club. We have been trumpeting his name ever since the post became available and feel that if anyone has the ability to lead the Royals to the Premiership, and quickly, it's him.

A good friend of Alan Pardew's, the former Palace boss likely already knows a lot about the set-up of the club and would probably be able to lift the Royals from their current lowly league position into the Play-Offs this season.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
jonnyboylennon said:
He's gone lads. im gutted, but its definately true.

Sorry again :nono:

gone in the head? what ? explain yourself.

bromleygull

Aug 8, 2003
lancing
why worry? if sc is going then so be it. it would mean he wasent prepaired to stay with us in long term. our club is bigger than him and i trust dk to get another quality manager soon.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
:nono: im scared been so happy lately!why cant we keep a manager for more than a season!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Hantseagull said:
I reckon Booker will be offered the job if this is true. I think it'll be the wrong move, but I reckon it'll happen.

I'm with you on this one, time and time again DK goes on about preparing Booker for the future, not sure what to make of it but it could well be the reason for the press thingy tomorrow.

Meanwhile if Coppell goes so what.....FALMER is the most important thing EVER this year, FALMER will be around in 10years (if we get it) and SC wont!

Although I will obviously be gutted if he does go:nono:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
bromleygull said:
why worry? if sc is going then so be it. it would mean he wasent prepaired to stay with us in long term. our club is bigger than him and i trust dk to get another quality manager soon.

What-on a ten month contract?

I'm frankly getting so pissed off with all of this.

As somebody said-Archer, Stanley and Bellotti are to blame for all of this and we all seem to have forgotten this. We will be paying the price for their period in charge for many more years yet.

How I hate those three pieces of crap:angry:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Please, please, not Booker. We've been there with the internal appointments - and unless your Liverpool in the 1980s, it's always a disaster. I'd hate Booker to lose the massive affection and respect that he's accumulated over the last few years. Don't do it Dick.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
please please please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Come on Steve YOUR BIGGER THAN THIS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here