Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F*ck (Albion press conference at Noon)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Its a shame but the Coppell-VD song will come back, even though he has done soooooooo well for us in his short time here.

of course all those people who said "I've always hated Coppell since he came here" :salute: Support whoever is in charge of your team...MORONS!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When are Reading next at home? If we're away that day, I suggest we all take a trip to the Madjeski (spit) stadium and spend a few hours hurling abuse at their players and him in particular. And maybe Coppell too, he's a great manager but I can't even begin to express how gutted I feel right now.

YET AGAIN. :angry:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Seagullsgonnagetya said:
So is there an Albion press conference or not?

There is a press conference every Thursday at the training ground so that part (at least) is factually correct.

I haven't heard of a second one being organised

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The other difference was that West Ham and Reading were in the same division and promotion rivals (at the time)

Unfortunately for us we are lower down than Reading so not the same scenario.

Anyone getting deja vu from the 2001/02 championship season?

We were right up there and MA left in October.......

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Listen to jonnyboylennon.

I'm up for that edna, f*** Reading i'm gonna take their f***ing message boards down later. Wankers.

(apart from Wilts, he seems like a nice chap)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This looks very ominous.

If I hear Reading are making a statement at 12 as well, then it's happening. Otherwise, I would be surprised that it gets announced this way round. We didn't call the press conference over Adams did we? I thought we knew when Leicester announced it.

Was it the same with Horton?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If Coppell leaves us now he will not be rememeber as a manager who acheived anytihng for the club but he will be remeber as a bloke who f***ed off and left us in the lerch. I perosnally will think of him as a total **** if he leaves. No heros welcome like Micky gets, I'll boo him next time he comes to us. Not that it bothers him what I do but I'm sure that I won't be the only one

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
DK is persuading him to stay. Don't give up hope yet FFS! We don't tend to offer that much cash to new managers and he may not want the high pressure of the job, which the management have described as "getting to the Premiership, and then staying there", which is hardly easy. If the transfer funds aren't great, then there's not a chance he'll go.

Similarly, if DK offers him loads of money out of his back pocket to stay rather than move on, and says "look, here's £2m, just buy some new players" etc... then there is a chance.

Have faith... getting the Reading job is not the plush job that the media make it out to be. Pardew was known to be unhappy with how much he got paid, and how much transfer budget he was given. Madejski is a tight bastard...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Robert Lester Zamora said:
There is a press conference every Thursday at the training ground so that part (at least) is factually correct.

That calms me down slightly.

In your honest opinion RLZ, should we be woriied?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wilts said:
DK is persuading him to stay. Don't give up hope yet FFS!

... if DK offers him loads of money out of his back pocket to stay rather than move on, and says "look, here's £2m, just buy some new players" etc... then there is a chance.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Thanks for making me smile Wilts !

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sick of this shit. The excuse of the stadium is a weak one by Coppell. Isn't the stadium supposed to be approved in October? What the f*** is going on with this? It isn't very long to wait and see what happens and then decide to f*** off to Reading. Coppell is a great manager, but I think he is as good as gone. Reading are the new scum.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
High pressure, yeah, cos Reading are such a massive club, in a football cr-azy town...
;)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

If that's all it is then I will be very happy.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Gritt23 said:
In your honest opinion RLZ, should we be woriied?

Worried Yes - panic-stricken No

and I honestly don't know what the situation is at this moment in time

I don't know if Coppell has spoken to Reading (if he has it can only have been yesterday, which was the team's day off - and not before)

I do know that the DK quote in the Argus about not stopping him if he wanted to would be true - that's DK's policy - he doesn't believe in keeping people against their will - for a whole host of reasons

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Reading have just announced that they won't be appointing a manager this week; Dick Knighht has also just announced that SC spoke to Reading again yesterday, and that he was now trying to persuade Coppell to stay.

All according to Sky Sports News, 10.30 am

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
on the official site now too as Wilts pointed out in another thread, SC spoke to them yesterday, DK doing his best

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't know if Coppell has spoken to Reading (if he has it can only have been yesterday, which was the team's day off - and not before)

The official site states he has spoken with Reading.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Thanks RLZ, that seems reasonable.

If he has only spoken to them yesterday, I'd be surprised if he was ready to jump immediately. Look how long he took to sign his contract in the summer, and it's not as if contracts are binding in football. SC doesn't strike me as a man who make snap decisions, he would ponder it for a while.

Yes, he may be the guy who goes to Reading eventually, but I'm starting to think that 12 noon will pass without anything happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here