Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exeter Roll Call...............

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
They will find space, as i said a club will not turn away any customer with cash

Thats really not true though is it?
Although people often talk of underhand dealings at Withdean I have spoken to a fair few away fans who have travelled to withdean without a ticket and have not been allowed in, including a couple of lads who came down from Hartlepool last season.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Thats really not true though is it?
Although people often talk of underhand dealings at Withdean I have spoken to a fair few away fans who have travelled to withdean without a ticket and have not been allowed in, including a couple of lads who came down from Hartlepool last season.

Thats because its all seated at Withdean and no tickets are available on the gate

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
They will find space, as i said a club will not turn away any customer with cash

I certainly wouldn’t bank on them finding more room. A few years back they had overcrowding when Aldershot came in the FA Cup (think it was Aldershot’s first game against league opposition since the club was reformed) and last season they had major problems when Leeds visited.

Exeter City crush fear at Leeds clash:
Exeter City v Leeds Utd crush fears | This Is Exeter

Away End Crush Today - exeweb.com forums

I cannot find the article, but I have a recollection of reading on their official website soon afterwards, that they had reduced the away end capacity for all SJP games this season. What didn’t help in the Leeds game was the fact that City only open a couple of turnstiles at one side of the away end. Therefore while the end by the Old Grandstand seating is sparsely populated, the area directly behind the goal gets really busy, and then all new comers hit this and can’t get to the side by the seats.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I like this (direct quote) from the City website, “Advance ticket sales were closed at 3pm yesterday to enable match day preparations to be completed in time for the Bank Holiday clash with table topping Brighton on Monday…we advise people to come a little earlier to avoid the expected crowds for this mouth -atering game.”

Exeter City | News | Latest News | Latest News | Season Ticket Reminders For Monday

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I certainly wouldn’t bank on them finding more room. A few years back they had overcrowding when Aldershot came in the FA Cup (think it was Aldershot’s first game against league opposition since the club was reformed) and last season they had major problems when Leeds visited.

Exeter City crush fear at Leeds clash:
Exeter City v Leeds Utd crush fears | This Is Exeter

Away End Crush Today - exeweb.com forums

I cannot find the article, but I have a recollection of reading on their official website soon afterwards, that they had reduced the away end capacity for all SJP games this season. What didn’t help in the Leeds game was the fact that City only open a couple of turnstiles at one side of the away end. Therefore while the end by the Old Grandstand seating is sparsely populated, the area directly behind the goal gets really busy, and then all new comers hit this and can’t get to the side by the seats.

Cheers.:thumbsup: I can't see us filling it tomorrow though.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Cheers.:thumbsup: I can't see us filling it tomorrow though.

I’d have to agree. We have already sold out the relatively small number of seats though.

After all, there are something like five home games this month, the City away end consists of little more than three or four steps with no roof, and the journey is a bit of a trek too.

Tickets only £16 though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here