Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex has moved on.

Addiseagull

Nov 30, 2005
Start training for the marathon :thumbsup:

Is the right answer Uncle S. When I split from my gf 9 years ago (after 4 years together) I got myself super fit, stayed off the booze and kept my mood as high as I could. 1.5 years later I met my future wife, got married 2 years after that and then had two gorgeous kids - all in my late thirties.

Hang in there mate. Seriously, get fit, think of August 2011 walking into Falmer and things will soon look better.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I had a similar experience with a girlfriend 20 years ago and was in a bit of a state. Then Italia '90 started 5 weeks of football gold and by the time the tournament was over I'd moved on.

These days it's not hard to meet people with so many dating sites. There, a 47-year old bloke is not uncommon.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Newsflash

CON LIB Coalition Governments first victim.

Middle aged man still living in the Past.

Most of us have been there.

Only time heals the darkness.

Sometimes it takes a long time.

SOME NEVER RECOVER.

Its your choice eventually.

GOOD LUCK.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Newsflash

CON LIB Coalition Governments first victim.

Middle aged man still living in the Past.

Most of us have been there.

Only time heals the darkness.

Sometimes it takes a long time.

SOME NEVER RECOVER.

Its your choice eventually.

GOOD LUCK.

:eek:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Your marriage ended five years ago,then you had four years with your last partner? So last time it took a year ?

Give it more time.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Then LIE US, LIE like never before, then when you have arranged to meet them, a quick PM to Danny Seagull, and Rohypnol will make it a night to remember.

NEVER give up though, and don't be down on yourself, women are attracted to confident (not arrogant) men, think of the positives you have achieved. The work you have put in on REMF is an incredible achievement, so there is no reason why you cannot achieve on a personal level with a ladeee too.

Good luck, and keep the faith :thumbsup:

What Kieron said and the comments about the marathon are spot on.

I picked up a REMF golf day prize today and the donor was telling me about his brother in law, aged 46, with 5 months to live. "At least we're still breathing and will be for another year" was his comment.

Take it on board and I'll see you next friday.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It is so difficult to move on and think you'll never be happy again but you will mate. The first step is to see your doctor next week and to maybe go on some medication. Some days without my tranquillizers i'm a nervous wreck and wallow in self pity with my awful mood swings but if i wake up breathing in the morning i've got another chance! :)

If she knew you were getting on with your life how would she feel? I'm sure she'd be happy for you. It does takes a long time to get over mentally. Keep your chin up mate. you're a really top bloke.:thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
The thing is 5 years ago I had a good career,money,a convertible car. Shallow yes but it makes a difference. Now I have absolutely nothing going for me. But the thought that I am just garbage is the hardest to take.

Yeah, losing the convertible was definitely a mistake. :facepalm:

Seriously, if you think women are interested in these things, you're looking for the wrong women.

Oh, and the ex- moving on is not the problem here. It's the fact you haven't.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The thing is 5 years ago I had a good career,money,a convertible car. Shallow yes but it makes a difference. Now I have absolutely nothing going for me. But the thought that I am just garbage is the hardest to take.

If your ex was only interested in you because of the career, money and car (how much does she earn incidentally?) then it's not you that's the garbage.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
If your ex was only interested in you because of the career, money and car (how much does she earn incidentally?) then it's not you that's the garbage.

Very true.

If she was only interested in the money, car, and luxuries, pampering etc. then you are better off without her US. You may be gutted about it,but in reality you need to count yourself lucky. She could of married you, pissed off after a few years, and claimed half of everything.

She is now probably leaching off someone else with a healthy bank balance, and all of lifes little luxuries. You will look back in years to come and no doubt be thankful that you were not taken for a mug. At your age (although not that old) you should be able to read women like a BOOK.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
When I was in a similar situation aged 39, the first thing I did was see my GP. 3 months of anti depressants later and, although my marriage was gone, my business lost and major financial problems forcing me out of my home, the mental meltdown eased so that, although the situation hadn't changed, my brain didn't feel like it was about to explode and gave me time to think straight.

The next step is to start liking yourself and realise that you must enjoy your own company before someone else will. Fresh air walks, football and accepting my faults - we all have them so accept them. I was so skint but I made sure I planned a treat every week. Most week's it was just 16p spent on some Asda jam tarts, but it's the view you project that matters and spreads.

It took almost a year to be comfortable with who I was and that I liked myself again and you'll find it amazing, not only how you feel more in control, but also how that inner peace projects out to others.

About the same time, my best mate of 30 years died of cancer. He had mentioned to me how he had started to enjoy MySpace so in his honour, I joined. I wasn't looking for a relationship but just to chat to new friends, flirt a bit and just bring a smile back to my face. I received a friend request from a lady who was my age and we got chatting, swapping advice on the opposite sex, talking about mid-life stuff etc and found a real bond forming. Because neither of us were looking for a relationship, having both gone through splits etc, one gradually grew out of our months spent chatting as friends. We have now been together four years.

So:
1) GP
2) Spend time learning to like yourself before someone else can
3) Take one day at a time.

Like 99% of us in our 40s you've come out the other end of similar before. 47 isn't past it but you will need to let go of your ex and accept the other losses in possessions etc and accept the person you are now, grow to like that person and remember that you never know what's around the corner. We are Albion fans after all.

Good luck mate :thumbsup:

PS NSC is great. We're here for Albion stuff and to have a laugh etc, but we're also a disfuctional family that can unite when needed. Cool

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"If your ex was only interested in you because of the career, money and car (how much does she earn incidentally?) then it's not you that's the garbage. "

Quoted by Lush

Its called the power struture of any relationship.

If you are playing in a unobtainable higher league, then ultimately it will always end in misery.

Know your place you CONLIB voting peasant.

LOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here