Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton Points Deduction.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They do, if FFP fails we are in a world where there is no limit on spend, it's a bigger issue than just a couple of teams being relegated
Fair point and I hope you're right.

The cynic in me feels that the lawyers will get called in, and this will get tied up in legal knots ad-infinitum. City have successfully swerved any serious sanction through this method for years, and you can bet your left bollock the Chelsea/Everton lawyers will soon be doing the same.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

The cynic in me feels that the lawyers will get called in, and this will get tied up in legal knots ad-infinitum. City have successfully swerved any serious sanction through this method for years, and you can bet your left bollock the Chelsea/Everton lawyers will soon be doing the same.
These documents that the guardian have just reprted on are pretty damning for Chelsea

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
These documents that the guardian have just reprted on are pretty damning for Chelsea
They sure are, and I hope the PL throw the book at them too.

I'm just wondering how this is all going to play out this season. Could potentially lead to a LOT of uncertainty around the relegation zone as these clubs fight like rats in a sack over the sanctions imposed.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
If City were to get a proper penalty like Rangers did and got relegated to the bottom tier they would actually benefit.

They would still be in Europe for 1 season and so will still be getting money and keeping players. If they won that or won the F.A Cup they would continue in Europe as they climbed the leagues.

They would smash that league and win by 100 clear points with 400 goals. there would be documentaries about them, sky would suddenly get interested in the lower leagues and they will be the darlings on the world - (poor poor City,)

Within 4 years they will be back in the Prem with legions of new fans and a real sense of achievement/martyrdom etc.

As a jedi once said "If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

They only got away with it as the charges timed out with UEFA, no such rule in the PL.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If City were to get a proper penalty like Rangers did and got relegated to the bottom tier they would actually benefit.

They would still be in Europe for 1 season and so will still be getting money and keeping players. If they won that or won the F.A Cup they would continue in Europe as they climbed the leagues.

They would smash that league and win by 100 clear points with 400 goals. there would be documentaries about them, sky would suddenly get interested in the lower leagues and they will be the darlings on the world - (poor poor City,)

Within 4 years they will be back in the Prem with legions of new fans and a real sense of achievement/martyrdom etc.

As a jedi once said "If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

You are assuming the players would stay, the Championship/League 1 isn't as easy to escape as Scottish nobody leagues

They wouldn't be in Europe either.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

You're assuming their owners would stick around if they got relegated. They'd probably get bored of their toy and find a new project to throw money at.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Never going to happen. Leagues would have to grind to a halt while retrospective points deductions and the knock-on effects to relegation/promotion placings were subject to the legal process
I'm not suggesting retrospective points deductions, and totally agree that would never happen.

I'm talking compensation - West Ham were ordered to pay Sheff Utd 5 million a few years back.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its been applied for now, but the same thing happened with Tottenham years ago. They effectively bought back the points deduction turning it into a fine, and also got reinstated into the FA Cup, if memory serves. Punishment can always get adjusted.
Ah fair enough.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Never going to happen. Leagues would have to grind to a halt while retrospective points deductions and the knock-on effects to relegation/promotion placings were subject to the legal process
Here we go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here