Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton Points Deduction.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Even if Everton stay up I think they’re in deep trouble next season anyway. They don’t really have anyone left to sell for top shelf money. They are no way going to be able to just spend, spend, spend again until they realise increased revenue from the new ground and these lawsuits are settled/dismissed. As has been said the EPL is unlikely to have 3 such woefully shit sides in it again next season.
A £300m loss on lawsuits would likely bankrupt them and lead to administration.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Even if Everton stay up I think they’re in deep trouble next season anyway. They don’t really have anyone left to sell for top shelf money. They are no way going to be able to just spend, spend, spend again until they realise increased revenue from the new ground and these lawsuits are settled/dismissed. As has been said the EPL is unlikely to have 3 such woefully shit sides in it again next season.
A £300m loss on lawsuits would likely bankrupt them and lead to administration.
The irony is that if Everton had gone into administration before the PL made their ruling over FFP they'd have only been deducted 9 points

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
1000009069.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Talking of city / Chelsea being docked 30 points as an option, this would be nowhere near enough if Everton got 10 for a £19.5 million breech.

Reactions: cjd

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Talking of city / Chelsea being docked 30 points as an option, this would be nowhere near enough if Everton got 10 for a £19.5 million breech.
If they are guilty they should get 15 points deduction every year for ten years. Or could we relegate them to League Two, then if they get back to the Premier League relegate them down again.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Fair point and I hope you're right.

The cynic in me feels that the lawyers will get called in, and this will get tied up in legal knots ad-infinitum. City have successfully swerved any serious sanction through this method for years, and you can bet your left bollock the Chelsea/Everton lawyers will soon be doing the same.
I heard on TalkSport (so it must be true!) that the PL have introduced a rule recently that all cases must be resolved within 3 months, presumably including appeals. So I’m hoping Everton can’t keep the process going indefinitely, as City seem to be managing to do.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't normally do football finance/legal stuff, but did read this which might be of interest:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Arab Sheiks, Russian Oligarchs etc etc. Lawyers and courts should not come into it. Sadly football today is more business and money than sport.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Going to be interesting how the follow this through with City and Chelsea. Also, if the law suits are successful, what will happen if Man City are penalised and their actions prevented teams being in the Champions League?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
If they are guilty they should get 15 points deduction every year for ten years. Or could we relegate them to League Two, then if they get back to the Premier League relegate them down again.
Nope, not fair on the teams trying to get promotion. Better suspend them from all competitions for a period of time, if both city and Chelsea were suspended that would allow them to keep their place and we could have an 18 side comp for a couple of seasons

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So does the 5-1 count?

And does the awful anti football thuggery 2 points we lost 2 weeks ago get given back…?

Does Leicester’s league win count?

Does Portsmouths FA cup count?

So many questions…!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here