Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton Points Deduction.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course - whilst not quite the same situation - we have precedent with Sheff Utd successfully suing West Ham a few years back. Be interesting to see if Leeds or Leicester move to.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Following a five-day hearing last month, the Commission determined that Everton FC’s PSR Calculation for the relevant period resulted in a loss of £124.5m, as contended by the Premier League, which exceeded the threshold of £105m permitted under the PSRs. The commission concluded that a sporting sanction in the form of a 10-point deduction should be imposed. That sanction has immediate effect."

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If the relegated teams from last season don’t take action id be amazed. Everton will survive this season so in effect they’ve not been punished

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Of course - whilst not quite the same situation - we have precedent with Sheff Utd successfully suing West Ham a few years back. Be interesting to see if Leeds or Leicester move to.
Never going to happen. Leagues would have to grind to a halt while retrospective points deductions and the knock-on effects to relegation/promotion placings were subject to the legal process

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Leeds and Leicester both could have stayed up last year if the PL had pulled their fingers out.
Yes, but Leicester shoudn't have been in the PL anyway.

Everyone goes on about how they won the League but forgets that they cheated to get there.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Given how Dyche has them playing now, I think they will still survive, potentially with games to spare.

There will also be a huge siege mentality at the club which will probably spur them on further as well.
Mate - 1 win and they are out the relegation zone.

Joke

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given it has already been applied to the league table, I'd be surprised if it was changed yet again. Unless you mean the monetary amount?
Its been applied for now, but the same thing happened with Tottenham years ago. They effectively bought back the points deduction turning it into a fine, and also got reinstated into the FA Cup, if memory serves. Punishment can always get adjusted.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
What injustices? Should have had them deducted last season & they'd have gone down so actually they are lucky.
In the mind of the Everton fans it’s injustice as teams like Chelsea and particularly Man City have seemingly got away with worse. I don’t think it’s an injustice I agree with you but every fan always feels that when their team gets punished with a points deduction.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
City have tied this all up in knots for years, and will continue to do so. They can afford all the best lawyers, and if THEY don't get charged and hit with anything as major as a points deduction, then it will follow that neither will anyone else. They are leading the way.
They can afford ALL the lawyers, so anyone equipped and able to prosecute they just employ.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I imagine Levy/Bloom will be making sure that doesn't happen
Why ? Its not like BHA or Spurs have any skin in the game. Shit clubs like Everton perennially hovering around at the arse-end of the table hold no concern for the likes of us any more.

Leeds or Leicester though...

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Takes the piss that they can take this action against Everton, which will amount to nothing anyway, yet the extreme cheats are seemingly untouchable. Slap them all with 70 point deductions.
it’s unfortunately a different ball game entirely. i think there may even be scope for chelsea to get a strong punishment. but it will never ever happen to city. that has now entered the diplomatic sphere. it is a matter of record that the government have held talks with the UAE surrounding the charges

nothing serious will happen to them in a million years, there’s too much else at stake

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
why are lawyers going to be involved , surely its a disciplinary case set by the PL so not sure how they can tie up proceedings if the PL want to do it as its their rules.....

Possibly missing a lot ..

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Amazingly, Burnley are still below them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why ? Its not like BHA or Spurs have any skin in the game. Shit clubs like Everton perennially hovering around at the arse-end of the table hold no concern for the likes of us any more.

Leeds or Leicester though...

They do, if FFP fails we are in a world where there is no limit on spend, it's a bigger issue than just a couple of teams being relegated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here