Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Quarter Finals (England vs Switzerland, Netherlands vs Turkey)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not watching as I'm out and about. Quite pleased about that as this is going to be another absolute shit show.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Come on England

1000005275.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not watching as I'm out and about. Quite pleased about that as this is going to be another absolute shit show.
England owe their fans one massive performance. Would make sense if they squeaked through again today and kept their powder dry as long as possible until they can no longer dodge encountering a decent side

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
England owe their fans one massive performance. Would make sense if they squeaked through again today and kept their powder dry as long as possible until they can no longer dodge encountering a decent side
In fairness Switzerland are a very decent side. England should win on paper; but they’re twice the team we are at the moment. This won’t be a big upset if we lose.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Can anyone think of a leader on the pitch - a left sided defender who can play in a two or a three - or even on his own!!

Dangerous at set pieces and a rock in defence.

Captain of a side that finished sixth in the Premier League last season

Anyone?

FFS
Can't be Dunk then, as Dunk is best deployed as RCB. I consider last season as finished in May 24 and he did not finish 6th. If he wasn't an Albion player, we would be absolutely stunned that Dunk even went in the first place.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm not excited by the formation change. Instructions will clearly be match them up, don't take any risks with the ball, hope for a 'big' player to win it.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Also while I'm not cutting edge on tactics if you don't want Switzerlands 3 man defence helping to overload midfield you put two up top to pin them back there. Which would also help with Kane being currently a bit useless and knackered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here