Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Quarter Finals (England vs Switzerland, Netherlands vs Turkey)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That would be the dream but can't see GS going for that. Sounds like it's Trippier instead of Trent too which is as depressing as it is unsurprising.
I wouldn't go as far as depressing. You said in your previous post that Switzerland attack down the left, and this is where most of their goals have come from. It's understandable why he's gone for more defensive stability there. Trippier is also excellent on the ball and puts in some wonderful crosses. Playing as LB nullified those two qualities.
In terms of today's formation, I suspect that Saka will play higher up the pitch than Trippier, but we'll see. At least with this formation there's proper width on the left, which has been lacking thus far.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Rio is saying it as it is, perfect example of why Southgate is shite

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very quiet here in Switzerland ahead of tonight’s England game. Have the fans given up?

Edit: just going to collect my tickets

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
9 minutes in and it's already clear how this game is going to go.

Southgate is so clueless. Our best chance of getting anything here is getting a bit lucky and/or a moment of individual brilliance again.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A moment ago there were 6 England players all within about 10 yards of each other 30 yards out and one in the box, WTF are they all doing there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here