Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - FINAL!!! Spain vs England

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Lost to the best team on the day and the best team of the tournament.

I was really impressed with Spain on and off the ball. They looked a complete team.
The frustrating thing is, we could look that too if we had a manager with tactical nous and a different philosophy.

Our squad is no worse, our tactics most certainly were.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The most depressing, depressing statistic ever:

Our next shot at a trophy is in 2026, when it will be 30 years since Baddiel
and Skinner's "30 years of hurt" song.
On a positive note 60 years of hurt scans. 58 doesn't.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I'm currently in Colombia finishing up fieldwork, this will be my last weekend here.

England Euro final at 2pm, Colombia Copa America final at 7pm. A big day that could go incredibly right, or horrendously wrong. If Colombia win, Bogotá will be absolute chaos.

Nervous doesn't even describe it.

Well, that was shit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fair play to Cucu. We all knew he was a better player than he's shown at Chelsea. He's been a revelation at the euros. Top marks our scouting again.
The amount of space he was in was ridiculous. Walker and Saka at fault for both their goals, though both were beautifully executed.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Another positive

Attachments

• PXL_20240709_205510642.jpg
    PXL_20240709_205510642.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 36

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Players never showed up for the game. Another appalling performance. This time though we came up against a top team so we lost. Southgate’s legacy will be yet again losing against a top team. We still haven’t beaten a top team under Southgate at a major tournament. We only had to play one decent match against a decent team to win the tournament and we couldn’t even manage that. The players really let us down last night. Kane was absolutely useless yet again. Very annoyed and disappointed.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I think what annoys me most, is that despite being outplayed by Spain for virtually the whole game up until we equalised, when the momentum was with us and Spain were on the ropes we reverted back to trying to contain them. Our chance was there to win the game, but we didn’t have the guts to go for it. This is why we are serial losers.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
In some ways he's a player from another era. Nowadays you simply have to be able to look after the ball at this level. Rice gives the ball away in dangerous areas far too frequently. He is a tremendous tackler, he anticipates danger and he gets into some great positions going forward, but defensively he can be a liability. You sometimes almost wish he doesn't win a challenge because he is liable to give the ball away more dangerously after winning the ball than if the his opponent had simply shrugged him off.
I've not seen him give the ball away for Arsenal as much in stupid areas, he was third in PL stats for passing for midfielders (Rodri and Gross 1 and 2) and sat 0 errors leading to goals, so he can look after the ball.

His passing stats in Euro 24 are pretty much the same as Rodri.

I do think his stats are padded over the 7 games as most of them have been backwards and sideways and I agree with you he has been a liability here, but why is that with England and not with Arsenal / West Ham?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Watched the game in a haze of alcohol with a sense of resignation right from the off. The same tired looking starters, Kane off the pace, Walker frequently out of position. The goals and the result was inevitable and the only crumb of comfort I can find is that at least it was sorted out in 90 minutes.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I've not seen him give the ball away for Arsenal as he much in stupid areas, he was third in PL stats for passing for midfielders (Rodri and Gross 1 and 2) and sat 0 errors leading to goals, so he can look after the ball.

His passing stats in Euro 24 are pretty much the same as Rodri.

I do think his stats are padded over the 7 games as most of them have been backwards and sideways and I agree with you he has been a liability here, but why is that with England and not with Arsenal / West Ham?
He was completely useless at the Amex when WHU came when RDZ had Ali Mac and Caicedo in midfield, he was a passenger chasing shadows in that game, much like last night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here