Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Of course it's about Brexit. Brexit allows them to do whatever they like which is why they were all for it. Less regulation, less workers rights = more profit.

And as far as I was aware, prior to Brexit we still had elections.

Let's just break that down. Why less regulation? What regulation? Whatever regulation there will be, will be determined by a diorectly accountable government via a general election every 5 years. Why do you want regulation, law and governance from a non directly elected appointed Comission/Civil Service. This argument to be in the EU simply makes no sense. There are good arguments such as the stability of Western Europe but this one is ill considered. As Tony Benn once said (and I am not a Benn fan), "always ask how did you get your power and how do we get rid off you".

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Of course it's about Brexit. Brexit allows them to do whatever they like which is why they were all for it. Less regulation, less workers rights = more profit.

And as far as I was aware, prior to Brexit we still had elections.

The less of workers rights will not happen. Any government bringing that in would be voted out at the next election.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But that is not about Brexit - its about who the country voted in. The advantage of Brexit, is that we can vote the tories out if we want, and change the policy? Thats democracy.

We can't vote out Ursula von der Leyen.

You can’t vote out anyone in the Civil Service not the House of Lords.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The European Commission is expected to approve new rules that threaten Britain’s supply of Pfizer vaccines from Belgium with an EU export ban on Friday.

Companies will be forced to ask national customs authorities and the European Commission for permission to export vaccines out of the bloc, under the plans for the “export transparency mechanism”....The UK is heavily dependent on the Pfizer vaccine and is expecting almost 3.5 million doses, integral to the Government's target of vaccinating all over-70s by mid-February, to be delivered in the next three weeks.

EU officials said that licences to export would be granted in under 24 hours, raising the prospect of delays to shipments destined for Britain.

During that time, which is likely to be limited to office hours, pharma companies will need the agreement of both national customs authorities and the commission.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...e-belgium-raided-request-european-commission/

EU royally screws up their vaccine procurement policy then decides to cause problems for other countries. Hope this doesn't affect our vaccine role out timetable.

Jan 30, 2008
The unfortunate thing here, as a German friend has pointed out to me, is how the issue with Astra Zenica is being politicised in the media formats in a toxic way. The issue sane folk didn't want to be.

The resident fairy's smelly dumps on this thread being a prime example.

What you're trying to say is you don't like a view that doesn't fit your beliefs that the EU are the God almighty
Regards
DF

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The European Commission is expected to approve new rules that threaten Britain’s supply of Pfizer vaccines from Belgium with an EU export ban on Friday.

Companies will be forced to ask national customs authorities and the European Commission for permission to export vaccines out of the bloc, under the plans for the “export transparency mechanism”....The UK is heavily dependent on the Pfizer vaccine and is expecting almost 3.5 million doses, integral to the Government's target of vaccinating all over-70s by mid-February, to be delivered in the next three weeks.

EU officials said that licences to export would be granted in under 24 hours, raising the prospect of delays to shipments destined for Britain.

During that time, which is likely to be limited to office hours, pharma companies will need the agreement of both national customs authorities and the commission.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...e-belgium-raided-request-european-commission/

EU royally screws up their vaccine procurement policy then decides to cause problems for other countries. Hope this doesn't affect our vaccine role out timetable.

If this the case the EU will be responsible for 1000s of UK deaths amongst our elderly and vulnerable. Thugs.
What baffles me is there are fifth columnists on this board that believe the EU are acting correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
If this the case the EU will be responsible for 1000s of UK deaths amongst our elderly and vulnerable. Thugs.
What baffles me is there are fifth columnists on this board that believe the EU are acting correctly.

The same sad acts that fly a EU flag in their Garden still clinging on like shit to a blanket
Regards
DF

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I have read nothing that would make me think your worries would be justified. There is also good news today about the Novavax vaccine. The EU has a PR problem regarding justification of their previous decisions and seem to be trying to deflect attention away from that problem. We should continue with our successful vaccination strategy and do everything we can to help out other nations. That is the UK Government approach and it is a good one.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
A bit rich for the EU to kick off with a hissy fit, when they placed their order for the vaccine 3 months after the UK did. Sorry Michel, Angela...get back in the queue.

As skiers everywhere know, Germany will push to the front of the queue before you can say vor you zee vaccine eez over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here