Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Have to say very interesting reaction to this signing.

Lots of neutrals and fans of other clubs bigging up this guy.

[tweet]1412377525058220036[/tweet]

Now if we could just get a Center forward…

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I see this as an insurance signing... If we lose Biss then we're prepped, if not then we have ****ing great centre mid partnership. Arsenal, who were Biss' main admirers, look set to sign Lokonga from Anderlecht so seem less likely to then be going after our guy as well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Song for The Computer? Obviously Kraftwerk is the only place to go:

"He's Mwepu and he's looking good
But not as fine as Bissouma, that's understood"

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Very excited, although all but seals the deal that Biss is off this summer.

Looking forward to seeing the computer in action.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Song for The Computer? Obviously Kraftwerk is the only place to go:

"He's Mwepu and he's looking good
But not as fine as Bissouma, that's understood"

That is definitely the way to go, but needs improvement, you cant have two players in the same song, never mind dissing one of them basically.

He's Mwepu and he's looking good
He plays for the stripes and that's understood.
He plays hard and fast and grins from ear too ear.
He plays for the stripes and has no fear.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
"Pröpper replacement". Pröpper played 210 minutes in the Premier League last season. Nothing to replace.

Its about improvement though. Its highly likely that Biss is off, and in terms of last seasons minutes you're right there isnt much to replace with Propper, but if well sell Propper and Biss and replace them with Mwepu that results in a transfer window of no improvement made to that area of the squad, or arguably one where we've gone backwards.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm keeping my cup very much full attitude and saying he's a partner for Biss. Great signing, looking forward to the season kicking off. Now let's get a striker in.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Apparently fee (according to Naylor) is way below our record fee for Webster. #smartscout are saying the fee was €13m, so around £11m quid. Could be an absolute bargain!

Could be a part exchange with Bernardo?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm keeping my cup very much full attitude and saying he's a partner for Biss. Great signing, looking forward to the season kicking off. Now let's get a striker in.
Well as of now there has been no hint of a rumour regarding Biss, it’s an area you wouldn’t really want to spend a bucket load on if you need forward options.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Pröpper replacement". Pröpper played 210 minutes in the Premier League last season. Nothing to replace.

He was also an international centre midfielder.

Brighton have almost always replaced like for like. Lamptey and Veltman came in so Montoya and Greyhound left. Murray couldn't do it any more so Maupay came in. Knockaert out / Trossard in. It's not a hard and fast rule but it's an almost always. You could, of course, argue Moder effectively replaced Propper but if that's the case it makes it almost inevitable that Biss will leave this window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here