Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fairly sure Biss will be off and Mwepu and Moder will be our first choice centre midfield this season. And as much as I love Biss, I'm very excited to see what these two can do together with support from Caicedo, Alzate and Gross.

Exciting signing and really intelligent squad planning on our part.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whilst we all like to speculate about these deals.......................
Yes we do - and that's exactly what this thread has been about - nothing more and nothing less. Never about anybody being, or claiming to be, ITK.

And a bloody good thread it's been, up to now, even surviving some silly stuff about the 'R' word at the start and not sliding straight into the Bear Pit. This is the best football discussion thread we've had for a long time! Cheers everyone!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That is definitely the way to go, but needs improvement, you cant have two players in the same song, never mind dissing one of them basically.

He's Mwepu and he's looking good
He plays for the stripes and that's understood.
He plays hard and fast and grins from ear too ear.
He plays for the stripes and has no fear.

Stephens our midfielder?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bernardo will have been able to 'sell' Brighton to Enock. He wouldn't have known anything about the place or the club, so Bernardo may have been an important part of this transfer.

I'm excited by this signing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes we do - and that's exactly what this thread has been about - nothing more and nothing less. Never about anybody being, or claiming to be, ITK.

And a bloody good thread it's been, up to now, even surviving some silly stuff about the 'R' word at the start and not sliding straight into the Bear Pit. This is the best football discussion thread we've had for a long time! Cheers everyone!

................. but sadly it's now descended into a competition to write rubbish lyrics - I'm out of here now!

(Hope our new signing does well, by the way).

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Very happy. Looks a top player and seems like a great lad too. More importantly it gives us FIFA players a bit of pace in midfield. Decent left back and a proper rating for Sanchez and I'll be a champion I tells ya.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That is definitely the way to go, but needs improvement, you cant have two players in the same song, never mind dissing one of them basically.

I wasn't seriously advocating that as a song to be sung in the ground, and anyway it is not uncommon for two players to be in the same song, i.e. Ulloa's song had Murray, Knockaert's song had Ozil.

Hell, there are even two songs that mention players' wives - Two Kerry Mayos, Posh Spice Is A Slapper.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Love the way people are sticking this guy in the first team starting line up without seeing him play yet.
He isn’t going to waltz straight in ahead of Moder.
He could be the midfield equivalent of Percy Tau for all we know. Massive expectations but sit on the bench for months.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Enock Mwepu (Signed 06/07/2021)

Love the way people are sticking this guy in the first team starting line up without seeing him play yet.
He isn’t going to waltz straight in ahead of Moder.
He could be the midfield equivalent of Percy Tau for all we know. Massive expectations but sit on the bench for months.

Welcome Enock. At £18m I would expect that, if Biss leaves, this guy is starting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lets be realistic. He has cost less money than Locadia and Ali J. Which reflects the league he is currently playing in. Not saying he won't be great, he might be. But it certainly isn't a sure fire bet. I fully expect him to be a squad player this season and anything beyond that is going to be a bonus.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I see the president of Zambia has tweeted his congratulations to Enock on his move to the Seagulls. That's quite an endorsement :eek:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lets be realistic. He has cost less money than Locadia and Ali J. Which reflects the league he is currently playing in. Not saying he won't be great, he might be. But it certainly isn't a sure fire bet. I fully expect him to be a squad player this season and anything beyond that is going to be a bonus.

Potter pretty well ignored Locadia and Ali J when he came here. He promoted Alzate from the development squad to the first team, he promoted Sanchez who hadn’t played at a decent level, he put White in from the off, whose highest level was the Championship. I assume he had some input into the singing of Enock who won the league in Austria’s best team and played Champion’s League football. I am convinced he is currently seen as a first team player for next season. Will it work out, who knows but Potter seems to fill players he rates with massive confidence so unless or until it falls apart I reckon this guy has been signed to ease into the first team asap.

We’ll see

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here