Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good display for once, well done

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sorry, got to LOL at those that bet against England, serves you right. Well played England :)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Superb performance. Back four immense. All the boo boys have nothing to moan about tonight, only Terryberry does!

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Christopher Columbus, Rafa Nadal, Franco, Juan Carlos, Manuel, Penelope Cruise, Julio Englsiais, your team took one hell of a beating!

LRB77

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
Only a friendly I know but that is a great result.

Thought we were very well organised. If only we could play like that in tournaments!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brilliant stuff. Have that you c*nts. (I don't mean the Spanish...)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thought we were very well organised. If only we could play like that in tournaments!
Compare that with how we defended (in the loosest sense of the word) against Germany.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If this ends 1-0 it will have been almost a master class as to how to play WITHOUT the ball against Spain.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by this.

Anyway, I never read too much into friendlies :wink:

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
They done the job.
I live in Spain and can tell you they are not happy, neither plan a or b worked ....:)

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Parker should be the first name on the team sheet. Offers a lot more ingenuity and makes space for angles. Good engine, tracks back... etc. Don't get that from our big names. I think if he starts to see himself as a regular he will iron out the occasional one-touch-too-many-then-is-dispossessed moment that at the moment is my only whinge.

Great result for England. Hopefully considering the way we rode our luck like f*** in the last five minutes everyone will stay calm and realise we have pulled off a great underdog result but it does not make us the f***ing boys quite yet. Brilliant that we had so many youngsters given some time though... and that they beat f***ing SPAIN. But cautious optimism for me, for now.

The biggest fault with England is complacency imo. REALLY ingrained complacency. I think the old guard do TRY to shake off their sense of entitlement to play / complacency in general... but I just think it has become so much a flaw in some of our big names that it is near-impossible to eradicate when they are all playing. You know who I am talking about. With the new faces knocking on the door I am slightly optimistic about England in general which I haven't been since the Germans scored their f***ing fourth f***ing goal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not totally sure what you mean by this.

Anyway, I never read too much into friendlies :wink:

Football is spelt F....O....

Can someone else take over in a bit? I've only got about 30 mins spare.

When we didn't have the ball, we organised ourselves PERFECTLY.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Only a friendly I know but that is a great result.

We'd go out 1/4's.

Did a number tonight , the commitment was good but lets be real here, we got a bit lucky

If they got 2 goals last 2 mins , people would be moaning about how we cant keep ball etc.

Fine line

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here