Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] England v Wales tonight

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
View attachment 129266That’s quite possibly the worst England team I’ve seen in my life.

****ing hell.

Dunk is better than any one of our back three. I guess we're saving others for Belgium. This is going to be a car crash.

Still watching it though, even though it seems to be in line with Burnley v West Brom for quality. For one I'm going to need a witty response ready when my mental Cardiff mate starts texting me to take the piss.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If I had 2 shits to give I still wouldn't give one to this match or any other England match, lost interest in the national team years ago. It's just the Albion for me now.

Good stuff - don’t open the threads in future or waste the time writing a post about it :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shit I didn’t realise they’d kicked off at 5....!

In all seriousness, it doesn’t look strong on paper, but there’s shit loads of key players missing so let’s respect it for what it is. I thought the same seeing Harry Maguire in our 11 at the World Cup and he and the team were excellent overall so let’s give them a chance.

Show that teamsheet to your average England supporter 30 years ago (or even 20) and they'd be amazed we'd got four posh former public schoolboys in the squad ??? :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Show that teamsheet to your average England supporter 30 years ago (or even 20) and they'd be amazed we'd got four posh former public schoolboys in the squad ??? :lolol:

True. I don’t care for anyone’s background, race, religion etc I just want hungry players playing for their country. Luckily the players still realise it’s the pinnacle (not silly friendlies but being involved in the qualifying / tournos on the whole. Hoping for some spirited determination from some tonight. The anti twats on here have made me up for the game now and I wasn’t before - Come on England :clap2:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Shit I didn’t realise they’d kicked off at 5....!

In all seriousness, it doesn’t look strong on paper, but there’s shit loads of key players missing so let’s respect it for what it is. I thought the same seeing Harry Maguire in our 11 at the World Cup and he and the team were excellent overall so let’s give them a chance.

We could have Messi Ronaldo and Mbappe up top and Southgate would still make them play dull football. He manages it with Sancho Sterling and Kane.

I’m only in my twenties but that team is without doubt the weakest England line up I’ve seen in my living memory, Winks and Phillips in CM? Keane starting? Coady? Who wolves fans don’t even think should be anywhere near the England squad. I’m not being harsh, I’m still going to watch the game but let’s be honest, that’s a rubbish team by past England standards.

I swear to god if I see Ings or DCL playing on the wing I’m going to lose the plot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We could have Messi Ronaldo and Mbappe up top and Southgate would still make them play dull football. He manages it with Sancho Sterling and Kane.

I’m only in my twenties but that team is without doubt the weakest England line up I’ve seen in my living memory, Winks and Phillips in CM? Keane starting? Coady? Who wolves fans don’t even think should be anywhere near the England squad. I’m not being harsh, I’m still going to watch the game but let’s be honest, that’s a rubbish team by past England standards.

I swear to god if I see Ings or DCL playing on the wing I’m going to lose the plot.

Yes it is on paper. But I believe the football we were playing 2-3 years ago was the best I’ve seen from an England team. I don’t agree with your post earlier in the thread about playing anyone good and losing. That’s not fair at all - Colombia are decent & we outplayed them - Sweden weren’t great against us but were there on merit. Don’t let the wrong lost when we played anyone decent’ myth get you - another way of twisting the stat is we didn’t lose a single game (90mins) at the World Cup that meant any thing and got to the semi. The answer is somewhere in between those 2 extreme views imo.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Henderson, Mings, Maguire, TAA, Rashford, Rice and maybe Mount all being saved for the "proper" game, IMO.

I mean, who picks Trippier ahead of TAA? At what point do you think it's a good idea to get Gomez, the worst player in a 7-2 defeat at the weekend back on the horse? Are we literally going to spend all game tapping it round midfield?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
GS the innovator and promoter of youth, goes with.

9CA41113-5826-4521-B95E-A6F5B99B6F1A.png

Nostalgia’s not a good as it used to be, but at the time I liked various England teams with the likes of Scholes, Shearer, A.Cole, Owen, Rooney and the others. I know a noisy minority thought those England teams were also shite, but they contained winners of club honours and CL winners. Seems like we’ve drifted downwards since the last WC.

I‘d love to be proved wrong by GS, that’s he on the cusp of something amazing with Kalvin Phillips, Coady, M.Keane.

[A post not influenced by the absence of Dunk .... I don’t feel his current form warrants a place].

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yes it is on paper. But I believe the football we were playing 2-3 years ago was the best I’ve seen from an England team. I don’t agree with your post earlier in the thread about playing anyone good and losing. That’s not fair at all - Colombia are decent & we outplayed them - Sweden weren’t great against us but were there on merit. Don’t let the wrong lost when we played anyone decent’ myth get you - another way of twisting the stat is we didn’t lose a single game (90mins) at the World Cup that meant any thing and got to the semi. The answer is somewhere in between those 2 extreme views imo.

We outplayed Colombia for a half without their two best players, they should have won with our second half performance. We beat Tunisia, Sweden and Panama. Croatia we scored early and then got dominated despite being on paper better than them. Also lost to Belgium twice.

The fact we fluked a semi final because Brazil, Argentina, Germany and some of the other big boys lost early doesn’t mean it was a successful tournament in my opinion. There wasn’t one game I watched from England in that tournament where I walked away and thought we played fantastic football IMO.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
One good thing about an empty stadium tonight is no poxy band playing endless renditions of The Great Escape

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
View attachment 129266That’s quite possibly the worst England team I’ve seen in my life.

Kalvin Phillips has been shit so far this season, really not at the races. Gomez had an absolute mare v Villa. Both in?

I don’t agree on this occasion with sheebos assessment of our WC2018, we cruised through a simple group stage, we beat minnows in the group and lost the only tough game which gifted us the easiest side of the draw we’ll ever see in our lifetimes, scraped past Columbia on pens, beat a Sweden side we should always beat (without zlatan) then lost again to the next half decent team in Croatia then again to Belgium in the play off game. Beating Panama, Tunisia by 1 goal, Sweden and Columbia on pens, is not really a success. We would’ve been out long before if we had any half decent opponent in earlier rounds.

You could compare it by saying how well we did in the carabao cup this season....losing to first quality opponents.

Southgate won’t ever deliver anything. He’s an FA yes man.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We outplayed Colombia for a half without their two best players, they should have won with our second half performance. We beat Tunisia, Sweden and Panama. Croatia we scored early and then got dominated despite being on paper better than them. Also lost to Belgium twice.

The fact we fluked a semi final because Brazil, Argentina, Germany and some of the other big boys lost early doesn’t mean it was a successful tournament in my opinion. There wasn’t one game I watched from England in that tournament where I walked away and thought we played fantastic football IMO.

You’re allowed your opinion, but I notice you liked a post from a **** contradicting themselves so not gonna bother with this discussion now.. I think you’re wrong (how you can win a game 6-0 and not think we played fantastic for example is beyond me)

Onto the BIG match :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here