Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Sri Lanka, First Test, Cardiff

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not a waste at all, that one, mark. Would have been INSANE not to have reviewed that one.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Oooh more than half the ball outside the line. Smashing into middle and off. Boo :nono:

I am listening so I can't see, but that is another bl00dy stupid rule in cricket and I am not saying this because it has gone against England I have thought this for years. It shouldn't matter whether the ball pitches outside off outside leg etc. it matters whether the ball is going to hit the stumps or not.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am listening so I can't see, but that is another bl00dy stupid rule in cricket and I am not saying this because it has gone against England I have thought this for years. It shouldn't matter whether the ball pitches outside off outside leg etc. it matters whether the ball is going to hit the stumps or not.

Fine if you want to see sides bowled out for very low scores ...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Not only that but half a ball outside the line also means half a ball in line.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That last one looked pretty close too... and the one before would have been out if it had been given out by the onfield umpire and appealed.

All three decisions by Aleem Dar were spot on. Class.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
gotta say this test match so far is f***ing BORING, dunno why, its just not got going for me yet

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Fine if you want to see sides bowled out for very low scores ...

A change in the LBW law also should not have any effect on the quality of batsman. If a batsman is good enough he shouldn't have to worry about such a change.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I thought if any part of the ball that hit him was in line he was out ?

(I've not seen it)

If the onfield umpire gives it out then it IS out, even if appealed to the video decision.

If the onfield umpire gives it not out then it IS not out, even if appealed to the video decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here