England v Sri Lanka, First Test, Cardiff

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
and they're out, COME ON ENGLAND!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Totally agree, it needs a team of Common Sense to run through the rule book and change all the complete crapness, tons of it needs to be changed.

In my opinion the ICC needs to say this to Test umpires. Your primary objective at a test is to get as many of the 90 overs played as possible. (Do the ICC not realise that no-one goes to tests any more, except in England)

On rainy days such as this they could

Truncate or skip lunch/tea breaks were applicable, as they see fit.
Never coming off for bad light (especially if the ground has flood lights) I will make exceptions if no floodlights, but the umpires have to feel the batsman is in genuine danger but with all the padding/helmets something truly exceptional must be happening.
Playing in England in the height of summer to 8.30/9.00 for instance.

Lunch and tea breaks themself are something out of the 19th Century in my opinion, but I do realise that bowlers do need a break and cannot bowl all day long, so in a normal days play the breaks as they are are fine (maybe 30 minutes each would be better). But in this case come on, this is first day of the first test and all players have been sitting on their backsides for 4.5 hours and it's hardly as if the bowlers of today have to do an 8 hour shift down a pit, after stumps is it.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
To our NSC friends in Cardiff. What's the weather like? We going to start on time today?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
To our NSC friends in Cardiff. What's the weather like? We going to start on time today?

nothing on the radar, play set to start on time....and I'm not in Cardiff!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I might go down there later, can pay on the gate apparently, only a fiver on the train from Ebbw Vale.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
were going to need some early wickets or otherwise its going be long day in the field

Well their batting is their strong point, the bowling weak, so if we can keep them to anything under 300 we are in the box seat IMHO

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
good start, good bowling, good wicket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here