Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v South Africa - 1st Test - The Oval

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
England turning on the taps now.....300 by the close of play.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
BBC Test Match Special's Geoff Boycott

"If you're an opener who gets in on this pitch, you'd be saying to numbers six and seven, 'you go the pictures this afternoon - get yourself an ice cream'."

:clap2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Quality line from Geoffrey. If only he hadn't battered his wife he'd have been the best Geoffrey ever (1st place goes to the host of 'Rainbow').

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
does anyone else think Kallis might be wearing a wig? Looks a bit advanced hair studio....

It's not a secret that Kallis has undergone a bit of rug maintenance is it? He is one of their star cricketing clients, along with Warne & various others.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
KP so infuriating, but at the end of the day 42's a decent knock and the 81 partnership with Cook was useful.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What changed to make us good at cricket ? Honest question.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Also getting a few South Africans in.

Sorry this is utter bollocks, bowlers win Test Matches and we have the best (and most in depth) bowling lineup in the last 30 years which is nothing to to do with Trott or Figjam.

Finn, Onions, Tremlett and Panesar would have walked into a typical 1980's - 1990's England Team IMO and can't get a game at present. Lots of other options in future for England such as Borthwick and Briggs.

All this from our 'rubbish' County Championship set-up which the ECB (and twats like Michael Vaughan) want to dismantle.

If I wasn't so pissed off with them I might be interested to see what sort of Players emerge from their T20 Franchise vision of the future - what utter bellends they are... :wanker:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What changed to make us good at cricket ? Honest question.

Most other countries started to focus on one day or 20/20 just as we decided to get a proper domestic structure

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You watch a lot of cricket then - I doubt it as you haven't tried to disagree with anything I have said?
I don't need to try. You think Strauss, Trott, Pietersen, Prior haven't helped improve the England team.

I think you are utter bollocks.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Like everyone I would love to see a 500 total, and it may happen, but whats the minimum score you would take? If we lose a couple very early we may struggle as they are a pretty decent attack, but i would take 430-450

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Like everyone I would love to see a 500 total, and it may happen, but whats the minimum score you would take? If we lose a couple very early we may struggle as they are a pretty decent attack, but i would take 430-450

450 put us in the box seats... but it is such a good wicket and the batting lineup is long and strong... anything is possible, including 350 :)

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
450 put us in the box seats... but it is such a good wicket and the batting lineup is long and strong... anything is possible, including 350 :)

could not agree more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here