Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v South Africa - 1st Test - The Oval

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't need to try. You think Strauss, Trott, Pietersen, Prior haven't helped improve the England team.

I think you are utter bollocks.
Matt Prior has lived in England since he was about 10 years old, I'm not sure how much cricket he would have played as an 8 year old. Strauss was 6 when he moved.

You may have a point about Trott and Pietersen (Lamb and Hick (Zim) also spring to mind)

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Matt Prior has lived in England since he was about 10 years old, I'm not sure how much cricket he would have played as an 8 year old. Strauss was 6 when he moved.

You may have a point about Trott and Pietersen (Lamb and Hick (Zim) also spring to mind)

Pietersen's mother is English. If he were a footballer he would qualify on that alone. And no-one would bat an eyelid.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Commentators curse

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pietersen's mother is English. If he were a footballer he would qualify on that alone. And no-one would bat an eyelid.
You can understand the South African's whingeing though, since all of their players are native Africans.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Important we have another 50+ partnership now i think, a second quick wicket and we may struggle, all about momentum

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
You can understand the South African's whingeing though, since all of their players are native Africans.

Not really. There are rules about these things. If anyone breaks the rules, then complain. If they haven't, then shut up and get on with the cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here