Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Germany 5pm . On the front foot from the start .

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I watched most of the first half at work on the phone.

Cheating Boche swine with the Gerrard dangling leg.

Watched most of the second half on a portable.

Thank fukk that clean through effort went wide.

If Southgate bungles this like he bungled the world cup, he'll need a sex change and a witness protection relocation to south america.

Come on, we can win this fukka!

Me too, I was on a conference call with people i work with Canada. Luckily not a video call. Had the game on my phone. When they went clean through I let out a load ffs and I was not on mute. To be honest they are a great bunch and knew what was happening so just laughed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It was quite an even game, 2 matched teams in many ways. So yeah another day they might win. That’s what happens in knockout football.

We’ve always been fairly average to be honest. So not really sure why its lucky, we scored with the best 2 chances in the game.

Where have you been for the last 50years? I don’t remember many occasions we knocked out Germany, average or not. :shrug:
Not a tournament but that 1-5 in Munich was one of my best ever England games... Was in a boozer with our very own Keelo and we just looked at each other in amazement as the goals kept going in... Happy Days!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We've been very lucky to win today against an average team.

On most days we would have easily lost that.

Surely a wind-up?

I am no fan of the national team in recent years, but your comment is incredibly far from the truth. Apart from the first ten minutes, England dominated the game, restricting Germany to a couple of breaks only. Germany blow hot and cold at the moment. However, that takes nothing away from our performance as it was more than decent and it was capped off by two superbly crafted goals. Credit where credit is due, England did very well and imposed their game on the opposition.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Weird isn't it, almost like he knows what he's doing and understands what his players bring to the team, Kane involved in both goals, Grealish being brought on to take teams on when they tire - or it is just luck and he's a boring Palace tw@t!

the record looks good, but he's just got better players. do you think he's getting the most out of these players? (including the ones that have not been picked)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It has worked out in the end but are you seriously saying that for most of the game England have not been poor against a poor German side.
Every right to have a pop at that performance, pleased we found a way in the end and I did say we could still win this, did not expect 2 though.

Well I thought we played well - aggressive but controlled.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely a wind-up?

I am no fan of the national team in recent years, but your comment is incredibly far from the truth. Apart from the first ten minutes, England dominated the game, restricting Germany to a couple of breaks only. Germany blow hot and cold at the moment. However, that takes nothing away from our performance as it was more than decent and it was capped off by two superbly crafted goals. Credit where credit is due, England did very well and imposed their game on the opposition.

Apparently One Love is really happy England won...

...I thought I'd tell you as that's hard to tell from his opinions.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
the record looks good, but he's just got better players. do you think he's getting the most out of these players? (including the ones that have not been picked)

I guess it depends on what you mean “by get the most” out of his players.

We are in the last 8 of a major tournament, and I think I’m right in saying the only team not to concede a goal (so far), we have won 3 of our 4 games and have a realistic chance of winning the whole thing!

If we did, by playing the way we currently are, would you still say - could have got more out of his players?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hard to do anything but hold your hands up after that game, regardless of what you think about Southgate

Just fantastic for those that have never seen England beat Germany in a tournament.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So the QF is in Rome, yes?

Does anyone know how to get tickets?

Given that I arrived in Italy this afternoon it would be good to go.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Great chance of getting to the final if England play well . Some of my friends back in NY don’t understand the excitement here !

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I guess it depends on what you mean “by get the most” out of his players.

We are in the last 8 of a major tournament, and I think I’m right in saying the only team not to concede a goal (so far), we have won 3 of our 4 games and have a realistic chance of winning the whole thing!

If we did, by playing the way we currently are, would you still say - could have got more out of his players?

The game pivoted on a couple of moments 2 saves from Pickford and a German miss. We take 2 of our 3 chances , like the PL it's all about small margins at this level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So the QF is in Rome, yes?

Does anyone know how to get tickets?

Given that I arrived in Italy this afternoon it would be good to go.

I’ve missed the “look at me, I’m on holiday” posts during the pandemic:wink:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
We look similar to the Italians of the 80s/90s - not convincing when going forward, take chances when they come, but very rarely concede chances and look pretty solid.

Not great for entertainment but effective in tournament football…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here