Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Germany 5pm . On the front foot from the start .

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Wel said. I can't be bothered to read all the posts but some on here must be gutted that Southgate has been proven right with his selctions and tactics.

It will be Sussex Southgate next.

Weird isn't it, almost like he knows what he's doing and understands what his players bring to the team, Kane involved in both goals, Grealish being brought on to take teams on when they tire - or it is just luck and he's a boring Palace tw@t!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Hope all Southgate critics can now STFU, that was a masterclass in tactical game management, 4 played 4 clean sheets, attacked and got the goals at the right moments.

_20210629_191313.JPG

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We are never going to get a better opportunity to reach a Final than this.

This is our biggest danger now. Over confidence and under estimating the opposition.

Thankfully, the man in charge is the least likely to get carried away down that road. Expect more dull but effective football I reckon. And like I said before, for tournament football, I'll take that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't get my head around this. England always play well against the major teams in the knockout stages and end up losing. So this time they bumble their way through a match and win it. To think, all along we'd missed this.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Stirling was great again. Really happy for him. Have to say that the defence looked pretty solid and the central midfielders did a job on Germany. We look to be trying to cede possession, but keep control, create few chances, but rely on clinical attackers to take them. England are Brighton's polar opposite.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Wel said. I can't be bothered to read all the posts but some on here must be gutted that Southgate has been proven right with his selctions and tactics.

It will be Sussex Southgate next.

It was conservative but proved to be the correct selection, Gareth has been proved right and fair play - he deserves the plaudits tonight

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
[MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] regarding our discussion about 'entitled England fans' I'd like to refer you to 99% of the posts from then, through to England winning 2-0.

Oh and we can rinse and repeat for the weekend because everyone who hated that win, won't learn, and will be even more entitled now.

The only surprising thing about the game was I was 100% right. :lolol:

I'm not going to read through the thread. I'll take your word for it.

Personally I'm perfectly happy with both the performance and result. We didn't sit back, we didn't park the bus, we played with greater energy and urgency than in the group games. We won. I got pretty much everything I wanted from it.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Got to hand it to sock boy, he makes thing happen.

Pleased he's binned (or was told to bin) the tight, tight, tight little shorts. My eyes hurt slightly less now watching him ponce around the pitch. Who knows, by the end of the tournament I might even be quite pleased to see him.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Absolute magic, come onnnnnnn!!!!! Sir Gareth vanquishing demons all over the place!!!!!!!!

It’s coming home!!!!!!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As Germany teams go, this one is below average - this tournament has shown that. Even so, if Muller scores his chance the game changes. There is more to come from this England team, but they still look fresh and they have belief.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really!

You don't think the worst German team I've ever seen could have been beaten any other way?

What part of:-

Played 4
Won 3
Drew 1
Lost 0
G/F 4
G/A 0

Do you have an issue with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here