Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Germany 5pm . On the front foot from the start .

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
What a time to be alive.

First time we’ve beaten a big team at a major tournament for god knows how long.

Well done lads. Onto Rome.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Brilliant & we were not at our best. Germany were poor.......for them. Take that anyday,it may ignite our tournament. Well played chaps.........enjoyed that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It has worked out in the end but are you seriously saying that for most of the game England have not been poor against a poor German side.
Every right to have a pop at that performance, pleased we found a way in the end and I did say we could still win this, did not expect 2 though.
Indeed, let's not pretend that was a convincing tactical masterclass but no one cares now ... we have beaten the old enemy and progress [emoji106][emoji1022]󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] regarding our discussion about 'entitled England fans' I'd like to refer you to 99% of the posts from then, through to England winning 2-0.

Oh and we can rinse and repeat for the weekend because everyone who hated that win, won't learn, and will be even more entitled now.

The only surprising thing about the game was I was 100% right. :lolol:

My point being I think England can win tonight and the only thing stopping that is the sense of entitlement that comes from 'we need to attack Germany'.

I'm pretty sure it was Jonathan Wilson who offered up that the possibility of England doing well comes only because GS might cast off the entitlement of England thinking they're at the top table of world football and instead approaching the tournament as being on a par with Greece and Denmark (of old) .

That was a bit of a light bulb moment for me.

Since then pretty much all I've seen, across the socials, is all this noise about 'can't possibly win if we don't attack'.
Whereas Southgate might just be thinking 'we always lose when we attack - let's try and win by not losing'.

Despite my loathing of them The Harry's can put away a chance as can Sterling, so let's given them a chance or two and for the rest of the game play like the Greece 2004 they actually are, and not 2008 Spain, we never were.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Not the lineup most would have picked, but the ends justify the means. We’re in the quarter finals without conceding a goal. Germany are out having conceded 7, while tournament favourites France went out last night having conceded 6. Sometimes there’s method to the madness.

Credit where it’s due - that’s 3 knockout wins out of 4 for Southgate including overcoming both the penalty hoodoo and the German one. That’s a lot more than any England manager in recent history has done.

Can we win it? Of course we fùcking can. :clap2:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Southgate did prove me wrong I guess as can’t argue with the result. Well done England! We’ve got to attack Sweden or Ukraine though.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Desperately need to start Grealish on Saturday night. He didn't go on any of those surging runs that draws fouls but in a good position you can always rely on him to put in a good final ball.

The big decision is whether Kane should start. That goal can't gloss over the fact that he still looks off the pace. Might that goal energise him? Big decision to make.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Southgate did prove me wrong I guess as can’t argue with the result. Well done England! We’ve got to attack Sweden or Ukraine though.

:shootself:

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20210629-WA0006.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here