Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England - time for NSC to show some respect

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The amount of bashing for our own country on here is quite honestly embarrassing.

Have some respect for your country. Whether you like or approve of the current 11 they are the ones representing OUR country.

To those of you who've put comments on here along the lines of 'England can stick it.. f*ck England'.. please do send me a PM if you can't detail on here what would make you put such a comment.

Absolutely FIRST CLASS post and fully correct. You see a lot of twats on here adopt a plastic Man U style attitude when it comes to England - it's pathetic. I will always stand by England on here and get in so many arguments with these people.

I understand people who criticise our WC campaign - I agree we were poor (despite a faultless qualifying campaign), however it's comments like 'f*** England' and 'not bothering to watch' which do my head in. I've given up challenging these muppets on here but that doesn't mean I don't find their comments ridiculous. I think a lot of them sit there and read the Sun and believe everything they read!

PS - GOOD performance today lads and a great way to shut those horrible taffs up!!! ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I didn't bother watching the match, I probably won't bother watching the highlights and I couldn't have given a f*** about the result one way or the other.

Let's get this in perspective - a pretty ordinary England team has beaten a God-awful Wales side on their worst run for 21 years with a shit manager in charge. Even Graham Taylor's side would have beaten that lot 3 or 4.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not in the " F*** off England " camp but, I have been so let down and so disappointed over so many years. I have watched each new crop of players being hyped to the rafters and seen them slink off the international stage with their heads bowed.

We have tried every type of manager from Blood and Guts to persuasive, and "traditional English Managers " to "forward thinking continental managers". All with similar results, frankly, i've given up because nothing will ever change the results, always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Absolutely FIRST CLASS post and fully correct. You see a lot of twats on here adopt a plastic Man U style attitude when it comes to England - it's pathetic. I will always stand by England on here and get in so many arguments with these people.

I understand people who criticise our WC campaign - I agree we were poor (despite a faultless qualifying campaign), however it's comments like 'f*** England' and 'not bothering to watch' which do my head in. I've given up challenging these muppets on here but that doesn't mean I don't find their comments ridiculous. I think a lot of them sit there and read the Sun and believe everything they read!

PS - GOOD performance today lads and a great way to shut those horrible taffs up!!! ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND :)

Oh do piss off. Who the hell are you to tell me how I should think? I've been following England since I was a kid and have been fortunate to see them both home and away many times - even in the dark old days when it guaranteed a not-so-friendly greeting from the local police and fans. I'm proud to call myself an Englishman too. It's the best country in the world. Unfortunately, the national team are in my eyes an embarrassment. Not just the players but the management and the FA too. I didn't bother to watch because I get no pleasure watching those players and that set up represent me. I can assure you my feelings are genuine. You call them pathetic - well, I don't give a toss.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh do piss off. Who the hell are you to tell me how I should think? I've been following England since I was a kid and have been fortunate to see them both home and away many times - even in the dark old days when it guaranteed a not-so-friendly greeting from the local police and fans. I'm proud to call myself an Englishman too. It's the best country in the world. Unfortunately, the national team are in my eyes an embarrassment. Not just the players but the management and the FA too. I didn't bother to watch because I get no pleasure watching those players and that set up represent me. I can assure you my feelings are genuine. You call them pathetic - well, I don't give a toss.

As i said i don't bother going deep into it on here anymore as it does my head in but if that's telling you how you should think then 95% of comments on here are just that. I do appreciate your points (though i wouldn't group the whole England squad as embarrassing - that's just tarring them with your same brush no!?). I just think if you're a supporter you should follow your team whatever - i've seen plenty of shit in an albion shirt but i didn't just f*** off and stop watching and nor would most on here - how the hell is England different?

PS - No need to get all narky at me - i wasn't having a pop at an individual - you just obviously feel you fit the bill I painted

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
An American, Carl Schurz, once said "Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right; when wrong, to be put right.", GK Chesterton was a bit more pithy "My country, right or wrong is like saying, my mother, drunk or sober."

The English FA needs to know that us fans are not happy to put up with the car crash that is the English football team. I love my country dearly and I haven't made a conscious effort to fall out of love with the England team but it's happened. Sorry, but I've stopped caring.

Sheebo, you raise the point about BHA/England - There is a huge difference with supporting Brighton and the two are not comparable. I made a choice to support Brighton, I was however born English. I can relate (and always have done) to Brighton players and felt that they've never taken the fans for granted or even looked down at them with sneery disdain. I've also felt that (apart from Bellotti/Archer) the management and chiefs of Brighton have always tried to play with a straight bat, they've been decent, honourable people who love the club as much as me. I look at the FA and see nothing more than pigs with their noses in the troughs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
An American, Carl Schurz, once said "Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right; when wrong, to be put right.", GK Chesterton was a bit more pithy "My country, right or wrong is like saying, my mother, drunk or sober."

The English FA needs to know that us fans are not happy to put up with the car crash that is the English football team. I love my country dearly and I haven't made a conscious effort to fall out of love with the England team but it's happened. Sorry, but I've stopped caring.

Sheebo, you raise the point about BHA/England - There is a huge difference with supporting Brighton and the two are not comparable. I made a choice to support Brighton, I was however born English. I can relate (and always have done) to Brighton players and felt that they've never taken the fans for granted or even looked down at them with sneery disdain. I've also felt that (apart from Bellotti/Archer) the management and chiefs of Brighton have always tried to play with a straight bat, they've been decent, honourable people who love the club as much as me. I look at the FA and see nothing more than pigs with their noses in the troughs.

To be fair the whole politics of football and the FA etc has never interested me - I just care about what happens on the pitch. I disagree with your comment though - for me BHA and England are the only 2 football teams I care about. I appreciate that we all 'chose' to support the Albion in a way but my logic is everyone should support their local team - so it chose me too. Doesn't matter which club you support though, you wouldn't just give up if they were shit? You wouldn't stop watching the Albion if say Sparrow shagged Murray's ex would you? Like i said before sadly (and unbelievably IMO) I'm of a minority on NSC where I support England and care deeply as i've laways done. I know we're not that great at the moment but we are amongst the top sides out of the 100s in the world - it just strikes me as a bit glory hunting that people give up cos they don't win a major - only 1 team in the world can win the thing! I do appreciate that wasn't your point though (the playing side). Like i say i don't like talking about it on here as i get shot down every time i show loyalty - much as i appreciate your opinion above and the constructed way you explain it - that's life, we won't al agree on everything.

I've got a feeling none of the above makes much sense - sorry - im knackered and also lose any passion bothering to voice my opinions on my country on here as i get shot down quicker than anyone - like that pot noodles did above :lol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
To be fair the whole politics of football and the FA etc has never interested me - I just care about what happens on the pitch....

Burying your head in the sand? If everyone thought like that, Albion might not exist.

I support England and care deeply as i've laways done.

If you were born 50 miles further south, you'd probably feel the same way about France...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Burying your head in the sand? If everyone thought like that, Albion might not exist.

If you were born 50 miles further south, you'd probably feel the same way about France...

A) - No!!!!!! How the hell is that burying my head in the sand? I just love football - the stuff on the pitch - I don't have much knowledge of the off field stuff - that was a 'my bad' commentnot a 'burying head in sand comment'. As for if everyone thought like that - everyone doesn't - and i know everyone doesn't!

B) Of course i would if i was French - I don't understand any point you've made from that.

As reffered to above it's NSC Vulture time here - I think in future i shouldn't even bother giving my opinion on anti English NSCers :)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As reffered to above it's NSC Vulture time here - I think in future i shouldn't even bother giving my opinion on anti English NSCers :)

No, you shouldn't give your opinion on other people if you can't take it back, that's true.

You on the other hand are more than welcome to keep supporting the current England team with all your heart, but me and many others here won't be joining you for the time being. OK?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
You see a lot of twats on here adopt a plastic Man U style attitude when it comes to England - it's pathetic.

I think a lot of them sit there and read the Sun and believe everything they read!

What kind of comment is this??? A plastic Man U style attitude to England, please explain.

You wouldn't stop watching the Albion if say Sparrow shagged Murray's ex would you? Like i said before sadly (and unbelievably IMO) I'm of a minority on NSC where I support England and care deeply as i've laways done.

If any Albion player did what Terry has done during his career, ie night club fights, sh*gging around, being disrespectful, adopting the Im a C*nt mentality, I would not stop supporting the club but the player in question would not get my support. I also suspect the club would deal with the player in question, something the FA cannot do as it is powerless & weak.

Respect is earnt it is not a divine right.

That does not stop me supporting England but too many of the current crop have not earnt that. Note not all.

Ps. I dont read the Sun! Remember the 96.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

It's not (for me at least) a case of being anti-English, it's a case of being anti-the over hyped failures clogging up the England football team and anti-the attitude of the FA towards the correct development of said team to give us any chance of future success.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I think labeling people plastic is a bit ridiculous to be honest and whilst you are clearly happy with the current England setup you must surely be able to see why others are turning away?

For me I had always been proud of my national team and could cope with us not winning anything or not being technically superior as I always knew our players gave everything they had in the shirt.

However we are now in a scenario where

1) Large numbers of players turn down the HONOUR of playing for their country and pull out of the squad to avoid being injured for Bolton away.

2) We limp out of competitions with a swagger like they are interfering with the players holidays

3) The lack of respect for the loyal England supporters. For me Rooneys comments at the last world cup sum up the attitude towards the fans

4) The media farce that surrounds the team and the ridiculous pressure heaped on the manager

5) The type of characters representing our country. Lets take our current captain Mr Terry, now leaving aside the womanising this is a guy who started a division in the England camp against the manager DURING a world cup!! Ashley Cole well speaks for itself and then you have footballs answer to Mr Potatoe head thugging his way around the pitch swearing at anyone and anything that gets in his way

6) All of the above have contributed to a soulless uninspiring Wembley experience

The sad thing is that with the FA in charge we are stuck with this setup for many years to come and despite having some bright prospects on the horizon you can't help but wonder how long before they settle into the new England culture.

I grew up with Linekar, Butcher, Pearce, Platt and countless others who were a large part of what got me hooked on football and I never missed an England game. Whilst I don't wish us to lose as a team like our current players I struggle to raise any passion for my national side anymore.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wasn't the premier league created to try and improve the national team? Something went wrong somewhere!

Players don't have to play for England though, so I guess they must care a fair bit otherwise why would they bother?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Wasn't that more to do with Cappello confining them to their hotel rooms during the day when they weren't training? I'm sure they would have loved to have had a few beers and a laugh like the 1990 squad did. Cappello has a very good history as a coach but has wo far shown poor man management in the world cup and more recently with the captaincy debacle.

The big difference between Rugby and Cricket is that playing for England is the pinnacle and is where the money is, club rugby and county cricket is just a step up to international. I think the main problem with the England football team is that it is now no longer the pinnacle of a player's career, they see the Premiership and Champ's League as bigger and this is how they earn all of their income, and to be fair we as fans care more about our club teams than England, so why should we expect any different from the players?

Can you imagine the current squad out drinking overseas? Lampard in spitroasting/orgy scandal, players involved in attacking Asian youth etc...

Todays players are more into showing off their bling and drinking Crystal rather than a few social beers with each other.

As noted by several above - it's the behavior of the individuals that is so high-profile and sordid, that lets England down on the whole. On the playing front, we have forgiven the likes of Bobbys Charlton and Moore, Hurst and Cohen and Greaves and Hunt and Peters and Stiles and Ball and Keegan.... for losing matches. However if they were bad-trempered self-involved swains and constantly brawling tooling and cheating whilst getting paid copious amounts of dosh to spend on whores - they'd have been hated too.
Face it, the players have a lot of white trash among their number and it's tough to define the shirt from the chavs wearing it sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here