Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England - time for NSC to show some respect

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To misquote Johnny Cash, I've seen more shamelessly patronising threads started on here but I really can't remember when.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The amount of bashing for our own country on here is quite honestly embarrassing.

Have some respect for your country. Whether you like or approve of the current 11 they are the ones representing OUR country.

To those of you who've put comments on here along the lines of 'England can stick it.. f*ck England'.. please do send me a PM if you can't detail on here what would make you put such a comment.

Under achieving, over paid, badly behaved, disrespectful shits of a national team. I admire your love of England, but this team is undeserving of it. Sorry.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bellamy will be red carded for sure, already having sly digs at Cole and Rooney

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Representing your country should be one the greatest honours of any players career. Some of the present squad seem to treat it as more of an inconvenience.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I argue that blindly supporting the shower of shit that is the national team does more harm than good. The true patriots are those who stand up and reject this crap.

So, to those who boo and eschew the shambles I salute you. You are the true sons of St George. As for the rest, are you not embarrassed? You are as much part of the problem as the mediocre fools on the pitch.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Was watching a documentary about Bobby Robson and it showed all the squad having a laugh between games a few beers and having a race night, the spirit seemed completely different to the squad that played in the last World Cup.

The players now are too busy twittering and doing photo shoots for GQ to build any real harmony in a camp. I had the feeling the players couldn't wait to get home and take their holidays rather than play in the World Cup.

Wasn't that more to do with Cappello confining them to their hotel rooms during the day when they weren't training? I'm sure they would have loved to have had a few beers and a laugh like the 1990 squad did. Cappello has a very good history as a coach but has wo far shown poor man management in the world cup and more recently with the captaincy debacle.

The big difference between Rugby and Cricket is that playing for England is the pinnacle and is where the money is, club rugby and county cricket is just a step up to international. I think the main problem with the England football team is that it is now no longer the pinnacle of a player's career, they see the Premiership and Champ's League as bigger and this is how they earn all of their income, and to be fair we as fans care more about our club teams than England, so why should we expect any different from the players?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
to all those who might say "stuff England"
live in Wales and see the amount of shite the English get the attitude here is support anyone playing England and you only had to listen to the disgraceful barracking of the national anthem before the match this afternoon and after all it is their national anthem as well.
you would not believe we are all in the same nation they are under the illusion they are different to the others in the UK .
I can only think the way England started it spurred them on listening to the welsh trying to block out the British national anthem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here