Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England - time for NSC to show some respect

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I do not want to be represented by thick unlikeable rich prima donnas and granny shagging thugs thanks, they CAN go f*** themselves as far as I'm concerned. I have no interest in watching them represent me. Now the England rugby team I'll support all the way :thumbsup:

Well said sir :thumbsup:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I love England and hate the majority of the first choice eleven. They arrogantly demand the hero worship that should be graciously earned; glory in it rather than humbly accept it; and at the same time display behaviour of the worst kind. Despite this I gave them a chance at the World Cup and they produced four of the most abject English performances I've ever seen. No, I'm supporting the Welsh today, and will continue to want us to fail until we dispense with these jokers.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
These high profile players are role models and as such should act like one. Terry, Cole, Crouch, Rooney can't keep their dicks in their pants and shouldn't be playing for England. It's one thing a relationship breaking up but these guys reckon, because of they money and fame, that they have a right to sleep with whoever they like. This combined with FB's inept management means I'm not really that fussed about watching England or care what the result is. I'd rather see 11 players with passion and morals playing than 11 prima donas - in fact time to call up players like Gary Hart.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
And to flip this on its head, do the players respect us? Seemingly not. Remember Rooney's sarcastic sneer about "loyal supporters" after one of the worst English performances in living memory. Yes Wayne. That was a bunch of 20,000 fly by nights who had spent a fortune travelling out to South Africa to cheer you on.

So again, no. No respect is due. None at all.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
And to flip this on its head, do the players respect us? Seemingly not. Remember Rooney's sarcastic sneer about "loyal supporters" after one of the worst English performances in living memory. Yes Wayne. That was a bunch of 20,000 fly by nights who had spent a fortune travelling out to South Africa to cheer you on.

So again, no. No respect is due. None at all.

Loyalty is, of course, something Mr Rooney knows an awful lot about.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
For around 5 years now I've struggled to fully support the English football team, unlike their Cricket & Rugby counterparts. The main issue I have is that the most Premiership footballers earn so much money they cannot relate to the fans which creates an us and them situation.

Was watching a documentary about Bobby Robson and it showed all the squad having a laugh between games a few beers and having a race night, the spirit seemed completely different to the squad that played in the last World Cup.

The players now are too busy twittering and doing photo shoots for GQ to build any real harmony in a camp. I had the feeling the players couldn't wait to get home and take their holidays rather than play in the World Cup.

Also if England did win the World Cup do we really want pricks like Ashley Cole & Rooney making money from tepid autobiographies about how they came back from public humiliation to take England to the ultimate prize. NO!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I do not want to be represented by thick unlikeable rich prima donnas and granny shagging thugs thanks, they CAN go f*** themselves as far as I'm concerned. I have no interest in watching them represent me. Now the England rugby team I'll support all the way :thumbsup:

Much as I want England to win but if watching Brighton is a ten then watching England is no more than a three. I have pretty much the same opinion as above but frankly I have sod all interest in the Rugby as I can't get interested in the game.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
OOOOOOoooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh touchy!!

Rather than PM you I'll just put my thoughts here.

The current England team don't give a shit. They have wealth beyond what any of us on here could ever imagine and we support them through thick and thin - yet we're repaid with dickheads like Ashley Cole and John Terry. To be honest they can go and f*** it. I'd rather have an England team of the 90's - not as good technically but f*** me did they work hard and show some passion. I hope it changes but right now international football is dead to me.

Up the Albion.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have to say I agree with a lot of comments on the front page. Over the last few years I have gone from really caring about the England football team, to merely having a passing interest. At the same time, I have gone from having a passing interest in the Rugby (Union) team to really supporting.

I'm afraid, they somehow seem to represent England better now. I don't know why - I just struggle to relate to the England football team, or the FA.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think if someone has excelled in their chosen field enough to be selected for the national team, surely that qualifies them a certain level of respect?

Having said that, I disagree that respecting/supporting/liking the national team in any sport somehow reflects on respecting/supporting/liking your country. People aren't disrespecting the country by criticising the group of individuals selected to play a game.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Thing is, everyone has a go about the money they earn, but thats not really it at all. Shearer, Owen, Southgate, Seaman, Beckham all earned the same money, had the same fame and ability as the current lot, but their attitude was so much better.

Setting aside all the off-the-field stuff, it's the certain knowledge that most of the squad will be more interested today in avoiding injury, because this will get in the way of "important" games coming up, that makes me less than bothered.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I care about England. Just wish more players would play that aren't douches, so am pleased to see Wilshere playing, but I'd love to see Parker and Gibbs and Zamora and generally players that would be proud to play

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
OOOOOOoooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh touchy!!

Rather than PM you I'll just put my thoughts here.

The current England team don't give a shit. They have wealth beyond what any of us on here could ever imagine and we support them through thick and thin - yet we're repaid with dickheads like Ashley Cole and John Terry. To be honest they can go and f*** it. I'd rather have an England team of the 90's - not as good technically but f*** me did they work hard and show some passion. I hope it changes but right now international football is dead to me.

Up the Albion.

On the whole I agree with this, I think there might be a few players left who are still committed but the rest..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here