• Other (Please state)

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was good, but Lescott was better.

Because he scored? I thought Lescott was fantastic as well, but I don't see how you can say Lescott was better than Terry. It was a brilliant partnership, it wasn't about either of them individually and that's the big difference I think we've already seen under Roy Hodgson.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Defending was the only thing we did consistently well, and he was our best defender.

Did you choose to switch over during the Sweden game?

Terry was fantastic all tournament, didn't put a foot wrong. Any criticism of him is personal rather than professional.

Not at all, he was guilty of being out of position on numerous occassions, relying on charging back and making "heroic" blocks to get himself out of trouble. Only Balotelli dilly dallying when confronted with the freedom of the English half time and time again prevented it being a hammering in that game. Ukraine even had a lot of chances but fortunately for England, their shot to goal ratio was one of the worst of the tournament

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Did you choose to switch over during the Sweden game?

Not at all, he was guilty of being out of position on numerous occassions, relying on charging back and making "heroic" blocks to get himself out of trouble. Only Balotelli dilly dallying when confronted with the freedom of the English half time and time again prevented it being a hammering in that game. Ukraine even had a lot of chances but fortunately for England, their shot to goal ratio was one of the worst of the tournament

Oh, you mean the five minute bad patch? Defending consistently well does not equate to never conceding any goals.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I think you expect far too much, [MENTION=17377]leigull[/MENTION].

I don't expect anything at all of England! I just can't agree with anyone calling England player's fantastic and not putting a foot wrong. They did ok but to saying they were perfect is rather odd to me.

Oh, you mean the five minute bad patch? Defending consistently well does not equate to never conceding any goals.

And what about the number of chances given to Ukraine and Italy? There wouldn't be anyone praising the defence if they got beaten as they should have 3 or 4 nil against Italy. They got lucky with coming up against some poor finishing, as above just can't agree with anyone saying they defended brilliantly

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I don't expect anything at all of England! I just can't agree with anyone calling England player's fantastic and not putting a foot wrong. They did ok but to saying they were perfect is rather odd to me.

And what about the number of chances given to Ukraine and Italy? There wouldn't be anyone praising the defence if they got beaten as they should have 3 or 4 nil against Italy. They got lucky with coming up against some poor finishing, as above just can't agree with anyone saying they defended brilliantly

Since no one said they were brilliant, that they never put a foot wrong, or that they defended brilliantly, I can only conclude that you aren't reading the thread properly. Either that, or you're a complete bell end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here