Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Other (Please state)

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Simple really. I've gone with the players I think stand a chance, if you disagree, then fair enough. Vote away, and may the best man win.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
John Terry

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I've gone for Johnson, because he's probably the one who's played above himself. Terry is as Terry does, if you've got backs to the wall defending to do, he's your man

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bit of a suprise in the voting so far, Gerrard and Terry both doing well as expected, but there's a 3rd contender. And it's NOT other...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hart did little if anything wrong and is our best keeper by a very long way.
Johnson was the most consistent defensively he has ever been and deserved his starting place.
Terry was exceptional positionally. Whoever replaces him needs to study how he plays
Lescott was comfortable and competent and will do a job without exciting anyone (but does he need to excite?).
Cole gave his wingers too much freedom at times but his pace rescued him and he played well enough. Still no-one better on the horizon.
Parker is a willing runner and tackler but lacks any sort of international class and can't seem to pick a pass. Certainly can't shoot.
Gerrard when fit flourished as captain and his crossing was exceptional - real quality and drive.
Millner was to England what Ashley Barnes is to Brighton - does the job his manager wants but never really looks as good as those around him - you always thoink there must be better (but is there?).
Henderson when he came on late in games did nothing wrong and is possibly more the future than Parker at this level.
Ashley Young played four very poor games and looked out of sorts in every respect. Positionally poor; poor decision making, and lacking pace
Rooney only played two games but was at least as good as Young.
Wellbeck showed promise and will improve.
Carroll impressed more than I wanted him to - he worried top defenders.
Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain offer genuine pace and can worry any side. We might benefit by having one of them on the pitch - on current form either are ahead of Young

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The back four were fantastic throughout the tournament it was just the rest of the team bar Gerrard that let us down.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Hart did little if anything wrong and is our best keeper by a very long way.
Johnson was the most consistent defensively he has ever been and deserved his starting place.
Terry was exceptional positionally. Whoever replaces him needs to study how he plays
Lescott was comfortable and competent and will do a job without exciting anyone (but does he need to excite?).
Cole gave his wingers too much freedom at times but his pace rescued him and he played well enough. Still no-one better on the horizon.
Parker is a willing runner and tackler but lacks any sort of international class and can't seem to pick a pass. Certainly can't shoot.
Gerrard when fit flourished as captain and his crossing was exceptional - real quality and drive.
Millner was to England what Ashley Barnes is to Brighton - does the job his manager wants but never really looks as good as those around him - you always thoink there must be better (but is there?).
Henderson when he came on late in games did nothing wrong and is possibly more the future than Parker at this level.
Ashley Young played four very poor games and looked out of sorts in every respect. Positionally poor; poor decision making, and lacking pace
Rooney only played two games but was at least as good as Young.
Wellbeck showed promise and will improve.
Carroll impressed more than I wanted him to - he worried top defenders.
Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain offer genuine pace and can worry any side. We might benefit by having one of them on the pitch - on current form either are ahead of Young

Top post - agree with all of that

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Terry. I do look forward to seeing more of Theo and Oxlade. I was also glad to see Johnson has been working on his defensive skills as that was always his weakness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here