Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'England gifted lifeline by Israel' - Any idea how SHAMEFUL that sounds?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm laughing heartily that England are reliant on Israel beating Russia to even stand a chance of qualifying. Not a big team anymore.

That's how I'm reading it :D

But now we're laughing because it happened. :lol::lol:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Pathetic. No other word for it. Scotland go out nobly, in time-honoured plucky-underdog fashion, due to being drawn against both France and Italy (y'know, teams that are as good as it gets) while you lot are pitifully reliant on that well-known European country Israel getting a result against that well-known former Soviet Republic. Utterly pitiful. You're not a big country anymore :lol:

Yeah pathetic & shameful, we're gutted we are still in with a good chance of qualification. I mean really if we qualify we ought to refuse the place and offer it to Scotland such is the shame we would feel were that to happgen. Scotland yet again provide england fans another memorable footballing gloatfest and whilst we won;t win it at least we'll probably be there.....again!!

:jester:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Could someone remind me how many major tournaments Scotland have qualified for in the last decade? I can't quite remember...

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Oh well. Saves being the same old joke of a country that goes out in the quarter finals :bigwave:

You'd piss your pants if you ever reached the heady heights of a quarter final. Your pants are safe for another 4 years though. :shit:

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Oh well. Saves being the same old joke of a country that goes out in the quarter finals :bigwave:

That has got to be the most pathetic insult ever :lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Ive been waitin for that all night!! Heh heh!!! Win the tournament!!! You couldn't make it up!!!

Before you say anything i know we didn't qualify but we've had a fabulous campaign!

I put that into Babelfish and it came out in English as "it's not the winning that counts it's the taking part" :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh dear, our scottish brothers are all bitter and twisted....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Don't much care either way to be honest. On a par with the Johnstons PissPot on the give-a-f***-ometer really :shrug:

You'll be back mate. bad luck. really sorry to see Scotland out, you deserved more...well not you personally, but the Nation of Jock .

No piss taking..:nono:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not at all, if england qualify good luck to them but win the tournament? come on!!!

Woo! Jocko? Is that the best you can do!!! Heh heh!!!What a dick!! You still won't win though eh? Here in Scotland we know our limitations. You get through the back door and woooosh.... expectation level goes through the roof!!!

You may be right about bein in it tae win it but you won't.

Bitter? Check.

Twisted. Check.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here