Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England fans great ambassadors....

Man of Harveys said:
I'd say this point needed re-emphasising: there would be complete uproar.

I don't agree. I've witnessed Portugal, Greece and Turkey fans acting in exactly the same way in London (in large numbers) as the English did in Frankfurt. A few raised eyebrows but certainly no uproar.

bhaexpress said:
Okay, I know we're not supposed to mention the war but ..... 6,000,000 Jews and at least three times as many Russians killed in just one of the wars they started. Maybe they should be reminded.
"They" are now all in their eighties and nineties.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lord Bracknell said:
And - more to the point - no lager-fuelled excesses.

Something that will be found in any 'popular' holiday resort or most British Towns at a weekend. What's the answer ? Ban all from travelling ? I think that if anything making the punishments stronger would be a start.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
You can always find the negative out of any situation.

Germany v Poland = many Polish arrested on route to the game. German fans arrested for throwing bottles and chairs at Police after they stepped in to arrest trouble makers. Therfore Germany should be thrown out the competition (and Poland)

Glastonbury - people arrested for having drugs/drunk = all festival goers at Glastonbury are crusty no goods, lets slag them off and ban the festival

New years eve in Brighton = lots of arrests, lets put it on the front of the paper and ban new years eve

Cardiff v Leeds = trouble = Cradiff fans moaning about people moaning that it all reputation and the majority of Cardiff fans are good supporters.

Italy v Wales = loads of trouble, lots between Cardiff and Swansea = lets put it on the front page of the paper and tell them they are a disgrace.

For F**K sake, go out and enjoy the tournament. I have been in Frnakfurt and Nuremberg and the locals I spoke to have had a fantastic time. The Germans seam to have a sense of humour (yes suprised me too) and are not that bothered by some of the borng tiresome songs, unlike the PC wan*ers who harp on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
bhaexpress said:
Okay, I know we're not supposed to mention the war but ..... 6,000,000 Jews and at least three times as many Russians killed in just one of the wars they started. Maybe they should be reminded.

Oh I see...by pissing in a fountain in Frankfurt or whatever they were doing, a 20 year old England fan is acting as a generous cultural reminder from those who weren't Nazis to the vast majority of of Germans who born since the war finished, so as not to forget Germany's difficult historic legacy, as the phrase has it.

I see. Well, it's certainly very nice of him to give a little history lesson like that. It's certainly also quite an unusual way of remembering the memory of the massacre of 8 million innocent people, but I dunno, maybe I'm missing the point. Thank god for people like him pissing everywhere, otherwise it would all kick off again, no doubt.

As I say, this behaviour and this bilgewater response is all fairly meaningless really - the Germans will shrug it off and that'll be that. Depressingly, the fact that a lot of Englishmen - uniquely - act like c.unts when they're abroad won't exactly be news to them.

I'm pissed off if they're having a go at the Turks over there though - ffs, they're often the poorest of the poor, being attacked by some Chelsea-supporting neo-Nazi (er...) builder from the home counties earning £80,000 and not paying any tax on it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is no need for these helmet and spitfire antics. It really is pathetic. If you can't have a good time without goading people (which is what it is really) then it is all a bit pathetic.

There seems to be this view that Germany needs to be reminded about what they did in the war. I think all those who fought in the wars would be ashamed of the English fans antics.

Britain/England are far from innocent when it comes to warfare etc.

Germany has distanced itself from the Nazi regime and condemned it as a nation. One wonders if a lot of these guys are indeed BNP enthusiasts. Neo-nazis in disguise?

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
BarrelofFun said:
There is no need for these helmet and spitfire antics. It really is pathetic. If you can't have a good time without goading people (which is what it is really) then it is all a bit pathetic.

There seems to be this view that Germany needs to be reminded about what they did in the war. I think all those who fought in the wars would be ashamed of the English fans antics.

Britain/England are far from innocent when it comes to warfare etc.

Germany has distanced itself from the Nazi regime and condemned it as a nation. One wonders if a lot of these guys are indeed BNP enthusiasts. Neo-nazis in disguise?

I love the way that people read ONE article from ONE paper and once again the England followers are a disgrace and all BNP members.

Pathetic

I hope that Falmer residents are reading this and can one again show that it has been proved that all football fans are racist, drunk, urinating good for nothing SCUM and no football ground should be built near anybody!

:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :angry: :censored:

In Frankfurt there were approx. 70,000 English fans. In 2 days I saw no WWII helmets and 1 inflatable spitfire. Lets keep this in perspective.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mr Blobby said:
I love the way that people read ONE article from ONE paper and once again the England followers are a disgrace and all BNP members.

Pathetic

I hope that Falmer residents are reading this and can one again show that it has been proved that all football fans are racist, drunk, urinating good for nothing SCUM and no football ground should be built near anybody!

:clap: :clap:

I have no doubt that many English fans behaved like total wankers but most of them didn't. Let's keep this in perspective and, as Mr Blobby says, stop giving ammunition to the football haters.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Lokki 7 said:
In Frankfurt there were approx. 70,000 English fans. In 2 days I saw no WWII helmets and 1 inflatable spitfire. Lets keep this in perspective.

Now come on, why let the FACTS get in the way of a good old bit of all England fans are BNP members story.

Let people not out in Germany tell us (that where in Frankfurt/Nuremberg) what really happened!!! Newspaper stories and second hand chinese whispers = THE REAL FACTS (as presented by PC weirdos)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mr Blobby said:

Pathetic

:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :angry: :censored:

I love the way you voice an opinion and are dismissed as a daily mail reader, lacking intelligence to make up their own mind about something. :flameboun

I said "one wonders if....." nothing to do with reading a newspaper. I was placing an idea on the table....I was not claiming the England fans were BNP members.

There is no need to behave like that, waving around spitfires singing two world wars etc. War is not something to be glorified and sung about.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man of Harveys said:
Dave, you're emphatically NOT a stupid person. But from time to time, especially when you talk about Germans - "tee hee, someone just said HITLER!", for example, or your ever-fascinating posts about Medal of Honour, you do sound like a very stupid person indeed, no doubt on purpose.

You're sounding perhaps unintentionally a bit like a stupid person on this thread, if you don't mind me saying so, and which you're not. Give it up, let it go, maybe? Not sure it's GS that needs to grow up here.

fair enough

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:
Oh I see...by pissing in a fountain in Frankfurt or whatever they were doing, a 20 year old England fan is acting as a generous cultural reminder from those who weren't Nazis to the vast majority of of Germans who born since the war finished, so as not to forget Germany's difficult historic legacy, as the phrase has it.

I see. Well, it's certainly very nice of him to give a little history lesson like that. It's certainly also quite an unusual way of remembering the memory of the massacre of 8 million innocent people, but I dunno, maybe I'm missing the point. Thank god for people like him pissing everywhere, otherwise it would all kick off again, no doubt.

As I say, this behaviour and this bilgewater response is all fairly meaningless really - the Germans will shrug it off and that'll be that. Depressingly, the fact that a lot of Englishmen - uniquely - act like c.unts when they're abroad won't exactly be news to them.

I'm pissed off if they're having a go at the Turks over there though - ffs, they're often the poorest of the poor, being attacked by some Chelsea-supporting neo-Nazi (er...) builder from the home counties earning £80,000 and not paying any tax on it.

If you'd have read my thread fully you'd have seen that I don't condone the actions of the idiots, I was merely seeing things from their point of view. As it is I pointed out that these are the same people .... Oh, what's the point ? You didn't read the end of the last thread so you must be bored by now.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
70,000 lads on the lash, funnily enough its going to get a bit hectic at times.
If it was a bunch of Oxford Graduates taking a bath in the fountain and wearing nazi uniforms it would be high jinx or Monty Python irony , but football fans are all hooligans.

I think its daft to get worked up about it, as long as no one gets hurt, I don't really see the problem.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Having looked at this rationally now, why Mr GS did you post the original article on here?

I am curious to know your train of thought on this one.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Man of Harveys said:
Depressingly, the fact that a lot of Englishmen - uniquely - act like c.unts when they're abroad won't exactly be news to them.

Lets be honest, it's not a uniquely English thing at all. Pissed people act like wankstains the world over.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Lokki 7 said:

very true - i was there too and there was 2 minor scuffles which last 3 minutes!! hardly a big f***ing deal eh!!

i cant believe how great the german police were however the english fans should be praised in my eyes. yes we were bloody rowdy and the irish bar outside the ground was quite hostile but f*** it, we are english and are proud about our country and will happily out sing any1 out in the streets!!

:)

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
Dies Irae said:
Having looked at this rationally now, why Mr GS did you post the original article on here?

I am curious to know your train of thought on this one.
i posted it here, because i know from my mates in the UK, that the british media paints a completely different picture on how people behave when abroad. BBC etc reported (and rightly so) that no big troubles broke out (which is great), and that english supporters are well behaved (which isnt the truth).
as you prob know (or not) i am on this board for quiete some time, as i became friends with a few BHA supporters and always found that brighton's supporters are more "educated" than others and that they're proper footie fans. i also have a softspot for your club, which i adopted when goldstone was taken away from you and i felt with the supporters.

i had many good, civilised and meaningful discussions on here, of course i love the banter (whether if its cardiff/brighton, wales/england or germany/england), this time i wanted to show the other side of the story. and i can assure you, i have nothing against england, its supporters etc, otherwise i wouldnt call many of them my friends.

what really pisses me off is that some arseholes behave like cünts and spoil a great festival of football. that is regardless what passport you have or what shirt you wear and what team you support.

tbh i dont care a lot bout the polish "hooligans", if they want to have it with our idiots, let's give em a park, a football pitch or parking lot out of town and let them kill each other... problem solved!!!

celebrate the world cup tournament like it is, a great opportunity to get to know people from other countries, get to know another country and have a great time. i have spoken to proper england-fans in frankfurt, and they shared my views and even apologised to me for the behaviour of their countrymen (which i think is a great gesture, but also bollix, as those supporters didnt do anything wrong, so why should they apologise?)

strange to see that still some people have the motto "Right or wrong - it's my country" which i find absolutely pathetic. closing your eyes on what my/your country did in the past and making up excuses is sad. i never chose to be german, you never to be british...so what? that would be saying like "hitler was right" etc.

anyway, if our countries should meet, of course you will support yours and i will support mine (as it should be) and we will have the usual banter BOUT FOOTBALL.

have a nice evening and a great world cup

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here