Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England fans great ambassadors....

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Re: Re: England fans great ambassadors....

The Large One said:
This is NOT the behaviour of 'ordinary' English fans, only the fans that you want to see advertised in order to think you can score a cheap point while dragging yourself down to the level of a 'Sun' reporter. You are showing the behaviour of a few English morons in the hope of making it representative of all England fans' behaviour.

It shoudn't be a problem explaining the behaviour of the vast majority of England fans to your folks. Operation of mouth, with the minimal engagement of brain tends to suffice in this instance. As for explaining the morons, don't bother.

Coming from you, this is feeble and low. I would have expected better.

Excellent post.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
GS

While I have no doubt that England fans have not behaved like little angels; I think you're exaggerating rather a lot. While I agree that it's rather pathetic to keep droning on about the war, at least they're not causing any real trouble and certainly not starting fights

I note that the link is to a Cardiff City site, not trying to spread anti-English propaganda are you?

And isn't your translation of "brechen alle Tabus" a bit provocative? "Breaking all taboos" is better: they're not really doing anything illegal, just behaving in a way that Germans don't.

There's a nice irony about quoting the Daily Express in an article about associating the Germans with war. The newspaper whose owner greeted visiting German bankers with Nazi salutes and goose-steps. I think I'll pass on taking any moral guidance from the Daily Express.

On a more serious note. I was in Frankfurt last weekend and I was embarrassed by the standard England on tour mentality from a large number of fans. It's not my cup of tea and when I'm not posting shite in cyberspace I do distance myself from it. However, it was good natured (generally) in Frankfurt and people were having a good time. All England numpties will have come away from that weekend with a better appreciation of the German people and country which can only be a good thing all round. Ribbing and joking is a part of football, and this culture has developed over decades and takes many forms. It is part of why we are all so involved. Ten german bombers and the like is just a bit of harmless fun. If German fans sing something similar back would you be upset? I wouldn't like it but would respond in the usual way with song, banter and hopefully a little wit along the way. No big deal.
The Germans knew what England fans behaviour would be like, if they didn't want it then they shouldn't have held the world cup. I don't see the problem.

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lord Bracknell said:
Do we really judge the behaviour of fans just on the basis of how many arrests are made?

I would say its a reasonably accurate method of working out how well behaved fans have been in general. Not many other ways we can judge seeing as we arent there.

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
Re: Re: England fans great ambassadors....

The Large One said:
This is NOT the behaviour of 'ordinary' English fans, only the fans that you want to see advertised in order to think you can score a cheap point while dragging yourself down to the level of a 'Sun' reporter. You are showing the behaviour of a few English morons in the hope of making it representative of all England fans' behaviour.

It shoudn't be a problem explaining the behaviour of the vast majority of England fans to your folks. Operation of mouth, with the minimal engagement of brain tends to suffice in this instance. As for explaining the morons, don't bother.

Coming from you, this is feeble and low. I would have expected better.
oh really? then i would like to know WHY do i try to improve the image of british football supporters over here?

i was in frankfurt the day before england played paraguay, and i met proper english supporters but also a very high percentage who behave like stated above. and i believe this is out of order, even if it would be a small minority (which it isnt), there is no place for shit like that. or how would people in london or coventry feel if ours would glorify the bombings and murder of thousands of civilians?

what does that crap have to do with football? NOTHING

and, btw, for those who havent heard the news (since 45): germany and britain are now allies and consider each other as "friendly" countries....

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
:lolol:

Attachments

• basilfawlty.jpg
    basilfawlty.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 294

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
Gwylan said:

I note that the link is to a Cardiff City site, not trying to spread anti-English propaganda are you?
its the only place where i can upload pics, as i am a member there, but i also posted the message there. that msg board is used by cardiff fans and others, and we also got a good number of english cardiff fans on there as well...

and i am not trying to post anti-english propaganda, as i got many english friends, some are as close as my family, and i dont have anything against england or its people. i just cannot stand mindless morons, whatever passports they carry or whatever race, religion, colour etc they have

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
Lokki 7 said:
You must really suffer at Cardiff home games.
thats why i dont stand behind the goal and have a seat in the grandstand.

and tbh, i also had 3 fights with so called cardiff fans. i dont close my eyes and see it through "bluebird-glasses"

Last edited:

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
any excuse to make a football match worth more than it is?

oh lets go and play the germans in berlin, it doesn't matter what happens, it's just a football match and afterwards it will be forgotten about :jester:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lokki 7 said:
You must really suffer at Cardiff home games.

:lolol: :lolol:

Another thing: is it just me, or does that topless woman in the clipping look like Pete Doherty?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A sharp reminder of what they did 60 years ago to keep their minds focused

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: England fans great ambassadors....

GermanShepherd said:
oh really? then i would like to know WHY do i try to improve the image of british football supporters over here?

i was in frankfurt the day before england played paraguay, and i met proper english supporters but also a very high percentage who behave like stated above. and i believe this is out of order, even if it would be a small minority (which it isnt), there is no place for shit like that. or how would people in london or coventry feel if ours would glorify the bombings and murder of thousands of civilians?

what does that crap have to do with football? NOTHING

and, btw, for those who havent heard the news (since 45): germany and britain are now allies and consider each other as "friendly" countries....
Does that count for England and Wales as well, or do you only focus on the xenophobia and jingoism of our mutual neighbourhood?

So... by you're reckoning, out of 70,000 fans in Frankfurt, 'a high percentage' - shall we say 15%? - are behaving like this? That's 10,500 fans behaving like that? Wow, that's a lot. In which case, I take it back and wholly concur with you, we are indeed a f***ing embarrassment to England.

Last edited:

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
brighton2win said:
any excuse to make a football match worth more than it is?

oh lets go and play the germans in berlin, it doesn't matter what happens, it's just a football match and afterwards it will be forgotten about :jester:

see, thats the difference, we see it as a football match, the beautiful game, with all the banter, 3 world cups, 5:1, wembley's last stand, 1966 etc
and you see it as a substitute for war.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Imagine the reaction if a group of fans came to England and behaved in that way.
I'd say this point needed re-emphasising: there would be complete uproar.

Thankfully the Germans are made of pretty stern stuff and will shrug their shoulders and count their money.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
A sharp reminder of what they did 60 years ago to keep their minds focused
You really don't need to act stupid do you?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Okay, I know we're not supposed to mention the war but ..... 6,000,000 Jews and at least three times as many Russians killed in just one of the wars they started. Maybe they should be reminded.

However I too am not impressed by the conduct of some of the English fans in Germany but there again, these are the same people who would be making pigs of themselves all over Europe's beaches too.

Such is life. I have no doubt that should we ever host a World Cup then visiting fans would be all perfect .... NOT !

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Probably not

When Brazil won the last World Cup, I was in Barcelona and was able to join in the Brazilian celebrations in the Ramblas.

Thousands of supporters from all over the world - including loads from Brazil and quite a few Germans. A great time was had by all. No sign of tribally based trouble.

And - more to the point - no lager-fuelled excesses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here