Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England fans doing nothing for our reputation again

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Simster said:
Nah. Once the novelty value of all night drinking wears off, I think we'd find people would simply drink until they were ready to go home instead of until closing time.

If you put an alchoholic ( or someone with an alchohol problem ) in a bar that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, they won't go home, ever.

Alchohol is a drug, like all drugs it can become addictive. If you give someone the opportunity to consume it all day then they will.

Just ask an Alchoholic !

People won't drink until they were ready to go home. Alchoholics don't think that way. They'll just get more and more wasted because the alchohol feeds their addiction.

BrightonBelle

Jan 5, 2004
Burgess Hill
34064 Fighter Command said:
The English fans in custody reportedly include supporters from Barnsley, Newcastle upon Tyne, Manchester, Oxford, Cleveland, Dudley, Faversham in Kent, and Hertfordshire.

ITV News reports say a local lad from Burgess Hill has also been arrested.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BUT there is one difference...Alchoholics are depressives and the drink feeds the depressiveness...and they tend to be glaswegians!!!!

:lolol: :lol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Plesae take the above racist comment as a joke. No really, I mean it...a JOKE

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Just retuned back to work after sorting my car out from the riot that occured after the england match in boston it looked like a scene from iraq petrol bombs, police cars a light not good.

My car was a mess broken windows etc not happy the football apprently was the catylst but the real reason behind it in the town was the illegal immergrants very high tension round here the local inbreeds dont need much reason for a ho down.

it was not marvellous scenes espically when i saw my car :cry:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
lincs seagull said:
Just retuned back to work after sorting my car out from the riot that occured after the england match in boston it looked like a scene from iraq petrol bombs, police cars a light not good.

My car was a mess broken windows etc not happy the football apprently was the catylst but the real reason behind it in the town was the illegal immergrants very high tension round here the local inbreeds dont need much reason for a ho down.

it was not marvellous scenes espically when i saw my car :cry:

ahh had to be those illegal immigrants!

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
alan partridge said:
ahh had to be those illegal immigrants!

Yep its always there fault even the local rag had to apolgise for racist remarks that they made over that night

some times i really hate living here:angry:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
lincs seagull said:
Yep its always there fault even the local rag had to apolgise for racist remarks that they made over that night

some times i really hate living here:angry:

I was being sarcastic... aren't you?

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
alan partridge said:
I was being sarcastic... aren't you?

Yes you just echo my views but say that round here shit you get shot down in flames

imergrants are to blame for david james poor postion and they willed him to come out and up end henry.

so i supposed you are justified to have a riot wave the george flag and loot the local wine shop marvoullous scenes

some strange reason they left pound strecher quality shop alnone

???

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
lincs seagull said:
Yes you just echo my views but say that round here shit you get shot down in flames

imergrants are to blame for david james poor postion and they willed him to come out and up end henry.

so i supposed you are justified to have a riot wave the george flag and loot the local wine shop marvoullous scenes

some strange reason they left pound strecher quality shop alnone

???

you know what i think you're right. I'm sure I saw some romanian woman holding a baby AND waving a british passport around laughing, whispering something in bhartez's ear before the penalty.

This is an excellent thread. Sorry that people have got a bit upset, and justifiably so, about some over-the-top comments. But, like Colin from the Fast Show, I've changed my mind at least 3 times reading all the arguments on here, the debate has been pretty sophisticated and left me feeling a :dunce: at times.

Obviously I agree with Man of Harveys' defence of the fourth estate, Man bites dog, all good stuff that.

However, I think it's true that there remains a hangover from the old days when newspaper people just viewed all footy fans as working class scum. Sometimes the old instincts kick in and the media analysis is very event-driven, the pictures tell a simplistic story and analysis of what actually is happening is poor.

However, there is no getting away from the fact that there are still too many people following English football who a) go looking for confrontations, or b) get sucked into them at the slightest provocation. You can't fall into the trap of becoming apologists for these idiots.

If you could marry those two arguments and come up with a rounded, nuanced position on this issue, you're a cleverer bloke than me.

Last edited:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
The alcohol is without doubt the reason for the trouble after a night on the lash at the cheap prices then they have a ruck and it all kicks off once the police appear.
Where ? Anywhere, does it matter about the football ? Our society is such a drinking culture.Most people control themselves but unfortunately a very small minority let us down.But it happens most weekends up and down the country so why are people surprised it has kicked off in Portugal miles away from a game and on a night England didn't play.The government tried to ban known hooligans but every town is full of them.Until our drinking culture changes it will always happen.
Sitting in a bar and enjoying endless glasses of beer,I thought how good it was seeing the youth of Portugal coming out late 1 in the morning having coffee and Cola but still having a great time.It doesn't happen over here.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's just the same white trash that make chucking-out time of a weekend the dodgiest place to be anytime anyplace anywhere in this country. It's just that closing times a bit later on the Med.

I just feel so damn sorry for the trusting locals of the host nation in every competition who welcome the trash with open arms. It just never crosses the natives minds - til it's too late - that such low IQ right wing (it's ALWAYS right wing) scum could be shat out of a basically fair-minded and tolerant place as England.

On the front of tomorrow's Times, it claims that UEFA will consider expelling England if there is trouble against Switzerland.

It quotes a police official saying: "It is last orders, gentleman please in the last chance saloon - the FA know that, we all know that but we have done everything we can".

The Times are editorialising strongly against "thuggish" England fans.

There is one report from the Algarve detailing a litany of wankerish behaviour by England fans.

On the facing page, there is a report from Oporto, which is headlined "Dutch and Germans throw international party". It quotes an England fan in Oporto saying "There is no aggravation, no trouble whatsoever. This is a million miles from what's happening on the Algarve."

The whole package is under the strapline "The beer flowed freely but only one set of fans rioted."

Honest reporting or bias? Over to you..............

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
give the media something to report if we got thrown out

looking at the pictures on the news of the algarve shows wat a disgrace these people really are but not 1 of them was wearing a football shirt and just because they were singing england doesn't mean they are football fans but at least uefa seem to be giving us the benefit ot the doubt on that just hope these thugs stay in the algarve instead of moving near the ground 2moro

:nono: :nono:

glosterseagul

Mar 2, 2004
the clue is in the name
Blame the media for blowing "it" out of proportion? I walked through "the" square* back to my hotel on sunday and noticed the great atmosphere. I got talking to an England fan on the way back. He saw a German film crew filming the riot police in the square. I didn't see any riot police. He was so angry he walked up to them and asked what they were filming. "The police" they answered. "Why where's there any trouble?":angry: A lot of film crews wanted to catch the action - there wasn't any :angel:

So I agree with Boz - apart from the ....
":censored: off" bit.

"*The square - meet you there" But WHICH one:eek: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here