Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England fans doing nothing for our reputation again

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I went to the game on Sunday and was truly impressed by the actions of the English fans. Didnt see any trouble at all and the Harbour area after the game was great with English and French fans mingling and having a laugh in the bars and clubs.

Only sad thing was a couple of losers singing "If it wasnt for the English youd be Krauts" to a few French in the queue for Taxis but they were told to shut the f*** up by a few England fans and scurried off with their tails between their legs.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
ben andrews girlfriend said:
i think that people should open their eyes a bit more to media attention instead of posting shite on here. all i was merely doing was stating FACTS. how many f***ing times have you posted an article? exactly.

No sweetheart, you were posting media spin. I'm sure a journo could write an article reporting the exact same saying how well behaved the English fans were as only 4 arrests were made. But they won't because that doesn't sell papers. The fact that all 4 of the lads involved have been released without charge speaks volumes to me.

do i need to have experienced it to talk about it?? do you have views on racism? have you been under racist attacks?? no. Then you are saying why should you have a view on this??

We're not talking about racism here though are we? I don't know you from Adam and I've no idea whether you've experience racist abuse or not. But I can tell you I've followed England all over this world and yes I've seen to pretty disgusting things involving our fans. But more times than not certainly in the recent past we've been on the receiving end of allot worse. Yet what gets reported in the media? English Yobs go on the rampage. There was wide spread disorder before the Spain Russia game on Saturday yet I don't think one newspaper has commented on it. A couple of pissed up lads have a pop at a religious freak and it's front page news!!

To be honest, i agree with the "English bashing media" as they open our eyes to things that go on. Do you think that without them in the past, the fa would have made banning orders to more than one and a half thousand people?

Firstly banning orders are issued by the law not the FA, secondly their are nearer 3000. Thirdly the FA don't know their arse from their elbow! Up to 100,000 English are expected to travel to this tournament, less than 10k of them will be through the FA's money making club. What does that say to you about the FA? Fourthly the media are there for one thing, headlines! 'England fans enjoy Portugal sunshine and have a few beers' isn't going to sell as many papers as 'Drunken louts with tattoos and sunburn throws plastic chair at petrified locals'.

How many people on this site have complained about lazy journalism regarding Falmer? This is exactly the same. The thing that annoys me so much is people who actually know first hand what it's like to mis-portrayed in the media like we have been so many times during the Falmer campaign can read garbage like you've posted and think 'Here we go again, England fans letting the country down'. Say we play West Ham at home first game of the season and there is a bit of bother in town and the Argus report it. I'm sure the Falmer residents will read it and think 'there up to it again, those football hooligans' just like you have here.

What I suggest you do luv is save up your pocket money, travel away with England see what it's like and then come back and comment on it. Until then your comments are not really constructive or helpful in anyway. So as Bozza put it....Shut the f*** up!

We are really talking about the Brain dead.

I am picking up loads of small kick's offs which took place around London on Sunday. Why?

I was pissed off, but had a few more bottle beers. I did not see the need to throw them at anyone.

Why on earth try to take on the a poilce force trained to take no prisoners.

Yep its a great resort. Loved it there.

:eek:

Last edited:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
the british media in the majority are a disgrace when it comes to football violence,

we have witnessed what utter shit they print the day after the york game in 1996, the headline was "RIOT!"
where was the riot?? pitch invasion and goals being snapped. thats a riot is it!!

it sells papers, so they print shit.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Arthur said:
No sweetheart, you were posting media spin. I'm sure a journo could write an article reporting the exact same saying how well behaved the English fans were as only 4 arrests were made. But they won't because that doesn't sell papers. The fact that all 4 of the lads involved have been released without charge speaks volumes to me.

We're not talking about racism here though are we? I don't know you from Adam and I've no idea whether you've experience racist abuse or not. But I can tell you I've followed England all over this world and yes I've seen to pretty disgusting things involving our fans. But more times than not certainly in the recent past we've been on the receiving end of allot worse. Yet what gets reported in the media? English Yobs go on the rampage. There was wide spread disorder before the Spain Russia game on Saturday yet I don't think one newspaper has commented on it. A couple of pissed up lads have a pop at a religious freak and it's front page news!!

Firstly banning orders are issued by the law not the FA, secondly their are nearer 3000. Thirdly the FA don't know their arse from their elbow! Up to 100,000 English are expected to travel to this tournament, less than 10k of them will be through the FA's money making club. What does that say to you about the FA? Fourthly the media are there for one thing, headlines! 'England fans enjoy Portugal sunshine and have a few beers' isn't going to sell as many papers as 'Drunken louts with tattoos and sunburn throws plastic chair at petrified locals'.

How many people on this site have complained about lazy journalism regarding Falmer? This is exactly the same. The thing that annoys me so much is people who actually know first hand what it's like to mis-portrayed in the media like we have been so many times during the Falmer campaign can read garbage like you've posted and think 'Here we go again, England fans letting the country down'. Say we play West Ham at home first game of the season and there is a bit of bother in town and the Argus report it. I'm sure the Falmer residents will read it and think 'there up to it again, those football hooligans' just like you have here.

What I suggest you do luv is save up your pocket money, travel away with England see what it's like and then come back and comment on it. Until then your comments are not really constructive or helpful in anyway. So as Bozza put it....Shut the f*** up!

Stop being so f***ing patronising because i am young, it doesnt mean that i know nothing!

i am strongly considering "f***ing off" for some while to get away from all the twats on this site, this does incluse you and Bozza.

"save my pocket money" how about you save your f***ing pension.

course its not about racism, all i was doing is stating that although i may not have been there myself, knowing about hooliganism is something that i do feel like we as a nation should know about.

Go f*** yourself - ive had enough

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
whoah

come on everyone, we are on the same side here.

arthur, you have some good points, but leave out the patronising bollocks at the end will you?

in fact, just re-reading what you put, if you take out the very first two words and the very last paragraph, you put across a good point but unfortunately, on your last read through (you know when you check for spellings and stuff), you thought 'yeah, i'll leave them in'.

Result is, you look like a twat.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Guys,

Why is everyone ganging up on BAG? All she did was post a story from the BEEB and all hell breaks lose. She didn't write the fecking story merely post it on here as a matter of interest. This being a football site and all that.

It really isn't very constructive to tell anyone to "f*** off" and "grow up" when they are posting sensible grown up threads which is far better then the normal drivel we post. You may not agree with the poster and they may even be wrong. but there is a far nicer way then telling them to f*** off or save their pocket money!

Last edited:

can we put the toys back in the pram please.

look we have al been the subject of media mis-reprsentation at sometime or other. I mean, how often do you see the word "Brighton" followed by some reference to the "gay capital" although there are more gay people in London, and not everyone in Brighton is gay.

No I know that all English fans are not angels but I also don't know that all reports of English holliganism are not accurate either. It is very easy for a journalist to describe someone as a football hooligan because it is convenient and easy for them to do so. For all anyone knows you might have been pictured gesturing to a policeman, but you might have been trying to help someone get First Aid, or avoid an unfortunatly close baton, (and believe me when the Police wade in they don't ask questions). try avoiding a policeman who is intent on hitting you with a big stick - its not that easy. But it is all too easy to get caught up in trouble without being the instigator.

i recall being in Milan for the W.germany - Yugoslavia game at the 1990 World Cup when the both sets of supporters went on a bit of a ruck outside the Duomo and some people got stabbed. Just becasue I was there does not mean that I am a hooligan. Don't recall FIFA calling for the xpulsion of the Gerrmans.

Where were most English fans expelled from ? Rimini, a nice coastal resort where there was no football and the Italians just rounded up243 people and chucked the out of the country without even being able to take their possessions with them And the number of arrests ? 243, the exact number of seats available on a plane waitig to go back to england.

And I recall being in Dusseldorf when England played Holland in Euro 88 and the english element was packed with England supporters spouting fol racisist insults and giving Nazi salutes during the Dutch national anthem. and aftrewards, according to the press, they went on the rampage in Dusseldorf except that they couldn't be charged because they had to get back to their military barracks by nightfall

And it is true that we do travel with a reputation nowadays that was well earned (anyone recall the dismantling of Luxembourg in 1980 by england fans) and that opposing hooligans are only too keen to test themselves against when we come to play them, , but we have addressed our problem and largely sucessfully dealt with it, which is of course dreaful news for the Daily Mails of this world, as it denies them a chance to gloat over more dreadful tales of British yobbery.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Yep I did the same as BAG this morning and no one is ganging up on me it aint fair come on you slags lets have it, someone tell me to grow up and save my pocket money and shut the f*** up I wan't some of this action. I reckon it is sexual discrimination just coz I am a geezer I ain't getting no grief and she gets all the abuse it aint fair, come on abuse me you wankers I love it!!!!!
:jester: fukin hell I am bored

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
SM BHAFC said:
Yep I did the same as BAG this morning and no one is ganging up on me it aint fair come on you slags lets have it, someone tell me to grow up and save my pocket money and shut the f*** up I wan't some of this action. I reckon it is sexual discrimination just coz I am a geezer I ain't getting no grief and she gets all the abuse it aint fair, come on abuse me you wankers I love it!!!!!
:jester: fukin hell I am bored

Grow up, save your pocket money and then f**k off. How's that ? :p

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Arthur said:

Sorry arthur but there is no need to talk to people like that just becuase they don't agree with you.

I actually agree with everything you said but to finish with that makes you look like a total twat.

If you had left that bit out you have some valid points which would have been responded to in a decent manner.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
ben andrews girlfriend said:
Stop being so f***ing patronising because i am young, it doesnt mean that i know nothing!

I didn't say that. I did say I don't know you from Adam so you could be 5, 15 or 55 as far as I'm aware.

I was simply pointing out that your knowledge on this subject is clearly lacking.

i am strongly considering "f***ing off" for some while to get away from all the twats on this site, this does incluse you and Bozza.

Oh please don't go on behalf.

"save my pocket money" how about you save your f***ing pension.

It was just an expression sweetheart. I've had to save my pocket money up so I can spend the next three weeks in Portugal. I'll send you a postcard if you like?

course its not about racism, all i was doing is stating that although i may not have been there myself, knowing about hooliganism is something that i do feel like we as a nation should know about.

Well learn about it then. I'll give you a tip though, don't believe anything you read in the press (that bit of advise applies to pretty much everything).

You're obviously a football fan and I'm assuming you've had some great times and met some great people (as well as some arseholes) following this great football club around the country, I know I have. Why not broaden your horizons and follow your national side, you'll see some far more interesting places than Plymouth, Oldham, Bristol etc etc and you'll meet all sorts of interesting folk from all over this great country we live in.

Too many people dismiss following England because of the 'racism' and the 'voilence' before they've even given it a fair crack of the whip. Which IMO is sad because these people follow the game at club level and to be honest it's not really that different.

Go f*** yourself - ive had enough

Now now dear, you're showing your age.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Arthur = Shit stirring COCK who thinks he's better than anyone else cos he is an england fan.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly, Simon. These 'casuals' from the golden age can't help themselves some days especially in the close season when they can only initiate 'cyber offs' between message boards.

I bet he's got a pair of Pringle typing gloves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here