Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Euro 2012 squad [Merged Threads]

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Linked back? Is he not still a Liverpool player?

Ok then, talk about whether Liverpool are bringing him back or selling him on. Either way, the complete lack of coverage doesn't suggest he's been tearing up trees in France does it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Taking JT is a huge mistake. Then so was picking him in the first place and then making him captain. Never been good enough for England. Most overrated player in the history of football.

I actually think Caroll might do okay though.

A horrible, horrible man, but there have been periods when he has been an absolute colloseus in the centre of defence for Chelsea and England. These days though, his powers are waning and his distractions to the camp are getting more and more. Too many issues, and too little in performance for me these days, and I wouldn't take him, but I think Roy is going to.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thank you, both.

It's so exciting. I wonder how Roy is feeling right now. I can't imagine the pressure he's under, this thread from NSC is being replicated all over the country (probably at a vastly lower standard, it has to be said) and you can pretty much assume everyone disagrees. How many thousands of "My England squad for 2012..." have been named, and how many have been exactly the same? In about half an hours time, all of them are probably going to be different to the actual one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thank you, both.

It's so exciting. I wonder how Roy is feeling right now. I can't imagine the pressure he's under, this thread from NSC is being replicated all over the country .

Yep, and not one other person in any thread, on any site, will be as wrong as you, regarding Stuart Downing*.

*Unless Stuart's Mum posts on Ayresome Park Chat.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is included in England's Euro 2012 squad, reports Times chief football correspondent Oliver Kay.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yep, and not one other person in any thread, on any site, will be as wrong as you, regarding Stuart Downing*.

*Unless Stuart's Mum posts on Ayresome Park Chat.

Bold assumption. There is no way you've done the appropriate research to make such a claim. Besides, his name is Stewart.

And his mum probably thinks he's shit.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
12:39
Tom Adams:
IN: He hasn't got a goal or an assist in the Premier League this season, but it is believed Stewart Downing has earned a place. In fairness, his international form in recent years has been more than acceptable.
12:37
Tom Adams:
IN: It is widely reported that Andy Carroll has made the cut after finishing the season strongly with Liverpool. England are of course bereft of options in attack and it will be crucial whether Darren Bent has proven his fitness.
12:37

12:36
Tom Adams:
IN: It is said that Norwich keeper John Ruddy has won his first call-up, though he will have to cancel his wedding if he wants to travel to Euro 2012.

12:36
Tom Adams:
IN: Oliver Kay of The Times has just tweeted that England's teenage star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been included in the 23, which comes as a big surprise.

12:35
Tom Adams:
OUT: Reports this morning suggest Peter Crouch misses out, despite his fine international record. Again, this is as yet unconfirmed.

12:34
Tom Adams:
OUT: Kyle Walker is absent with a toe injury and various reports say Micah Richards has also been told he has not made the final cut. Again, Hodgson must explain his choice at right-back given the fine season Richards has had at Manchester City.

12:34
Tom Adams:
OUT: Rio Ferdinand has confirmed he is not in the 23-man squad and if you believe the papers, is very unhappy at the prospect of possibly being overlooked due to the rift between himself and John Terry. The latter will stand trial for allegedly racially abusing Anton Ferdinand after the finals - a charge he denies. Hodgson must explain exactly why Ferdinand is absent.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Just not going to happen. Regardless of his form, I just don't see how Roy can have had the slightest look at him this season. That's the potential downside to late appointment.

Personally though, I doubt Joe has been delivering the performances or we'd have heard about him being linked back to the Premiership.
Firstly, England must have some kind of scouting set up, Hodgson won't have been watching Cole directly but someone will. Even people at Liverpool maybe.

Secondly, DVDs. I read that he has been watching Lille game since his appointment to check on Joe Cole.

Not as good as watching first hand, but he's an established player not some unknown that Hodgson will know little about. Dunno if it will happen or not but it's not impossible.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Firstly, England must have some kind of scouting set up, Hodgson won't have been watching Cole directly but someone will. Even people at Liverpool maybe.

Secondly, DVDs. I read that he has been watching Lille game since his appointment to check on Joe Cole.

Not as good as watching first hand, but he's an established player not some unknown that Hodgson will know little about. Dunno if it will happen or not but it's not impossible.

Joe Cole will NOT be in the squad.

That is all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here