Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Euro 2012 squad [Merged Threads]

Lots of Twitter rumours about Joe Cole.

Definitely something in this. According to my source, Coles agent has been saying that he had received a call from Hodgson. Whether that was to just giving him the courtesy of letting him know he didn't make it, or whether he is in the squad I don't know.

Not sure about the odds now, but I think you could get 25/1 on him being in the squad on William hill and betfred yesterday

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Definitely something in this. According to my source, Coles agent has been saying that he had received a call from Hodgson. Whether that was to just giving him the courtesy of letting him know he didn't make it, or whether he is in the squad I don't know.

Not sure about the odds now, but I think you could get 25/1 on him being in the squad on William hill and betfred yesterday

I've heard he rang him, he went to France to meet him and he skyped him. Think he was 16/1 best a few days ago

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
So the FA publicly vilified Suarez for being a racist but they're supporting John Terry, the racist, over someone who's supporting his racially attacked brother? Sweet Jesus, this FA are consistently mental.

I can only hope that when he tries to eat his CL runners up medal he chokes on it.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
So the FA publicly vilified Suarez for being a racist but they're supporting John Terry, the racist, over someone who's supporting his racially attacked brother? Sweet Jesus, this FA are consistently mental.

I can only hope that when he tries to eat his CL runners up medal he chokes on it.

Has he been picked then?

Rio was never going to go

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Really surprised at Booby Z - he has had such a shit season.
But he is a Hodgson type player so the chance is there for him to take :thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Joe Cole and Downing ahead of Young and Welbeck? Are you completely mental?

Young is a show pony who doesn't contribute as much as he should and in 10 years time everyone will recognise that Welbeck is just the new Emile Heskey. He will be the laughing stock of English football in the same way Heskey has been. The fact he's young and playing for Man Utd means absolutely nothing at all. Awful striker.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It must be VERY weird having to pick an England squad

There seems to be some common rule set by the public that a good season should justify a place. Logical, yes. But if you are ASKED to pick a team who you think can win one off games then you don't care too much over length of form.

Picking Caroll would not be a shock. We have seen in his last 3 games just what he is capable of. Imagine facing him when he is on FORM. Basically unplayable from crosses.

If I'm manager and I know I have Ashley cole and Glenn Johnson bombing down each wing, I WANT a force on the end
of any potential cross or at least a disruptive force.

You have to feel for the likes of Holt if they don't make it.....but why should they?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There seems to be some common rule set by the public that a good season should justify a place. Logical, yes. But if you are ASKED to pick a team who you think can win one off games then you don't care too much over length of form.

Exactly THIS. We need to pick a squad from which we can select a starting 11 that are capable of playing together as a team in the formation that Woy wants to use. Club form should be secondary to this. Also the tabloids should be totally ignored.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Young is a show pony who doesn't contribute as much as he should and in 10 years time everyone will recognise that Welbeck is just the new Emile Heskey. He will be the laughing stock of English football in the same way Heskey has been. The fact he's young and playing for Man Utd means absolutely nothing at all. Awful striker.

Heskey was a part of ALL of the great England performances of the last 15 years, a very good servant to the national side, derided by people who "don't understand football" - Gus Poyet. Welbeck is a totally different type of player anyway, much closer to Defoe style than Heskey.

Young is 10 times the player Downing is. Downing has been statistically SHIT this season (no goals or assists from 36 games for an attacking winger is woeful), while Ashley Young has been really rather good.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Terry is of course, Innocent until proven otherwise. Despite how much I like his off-field antics, he is a very good player.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
But the thing is, Grant Holt has scored the same amount of Premier League goals as Andy Carrol has in one season, compared to Carrols two seasons, 15. Grant Holt also scored 21 goals last season in the Championship, Carrol got 17. On form Grant Holt should win it easily, but he won't, because Roy knows if he picks him and does any less than win the Golden Boot the press will crucify him for doing so. Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here