Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Euro 2012 squad [Merged Threads]

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Joe Cole, Stewart Downing and Grant Holt for me please. And John Ruddy.

If 3 of those 4 are in, I shall be pleased. I would be jizzing all over the place if there are no places for Ashley Young, Danny Welbeck-Heskey and Scott Carson.
Joe Cole and Downing ahead of Young and Welbeck? Are you completely mental?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'll be very disappointed if terry is in the squad. This is a chance for a clean break from the failure and rancour of the past decade and opportunity to work towards the next world cup.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Er he is bang in form, looks very fit and did you see his overhead kick against Swansea (technique most people don't think he has, looked like Rivaldo)? He has definitely got something special and I can see his physical style unsettling the continentals in a big way.

How many goals has this bang in form player scored or created? And how many of these games have Liverpool won?

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I'll be very disappointed if terry is in the squad. This is a chance for a clean break from the failure and rancour of the past decade and opportunity to work towards the next world cup.

I agree but just as a footballer i think he is still in our top two central defenders.
I think Lescott & Phil Jones have as much pace between them as Gareth Barry.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I want him to pick Oxade Chamberlain, bring some life & pace to the team, think he could make an impact like Rooney did in 2004 before he got injured

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Surprised he didnt go for Ben Foster in goal as back up or talk Robinson into coming back just for this tournament. Both must be the best back up to Hart as no 1.
Foster is injured isn't he? At least I presume that is the reason West Brom played that JOKE of a keeper against Arsenal.

A lot of us subscribe to this view. However, I can see some logic in taking Terry if he is going to start him alongside Cahill. And I'd also presume he's had a word with Gary Neville about the effect on morale of either picking or excluding Terry. Surely that's the sort of decision he'd want assistance from Neville in order to make?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A lot of us subscribe to this view. However, I can see some logic in taking Terry if he is going to start him alongside Cahill. And I'd also presume he's had a word with Gary Neville about the effect on morale of either picking or excluding Terry. Surely that's the sort of decision he'd want assistance from Neville in order to make?

According to one article I read this morning JT was given the cold shoulder by a number of England players in build up to the Sweden game with only Ashley Cole backing him up. My own personal opinions aside, I think Terry is still a divisive figure and his abilities as a centre half no longer outweigh this negative.

If Terry goes whilst Rio is left at home it will just erupt into another media circus. The Rio/JT era is over, we need to look forward now. Sadly we have a dearth of quality in that position so Terry may well go, maybe as back up.

I think this has been one of the most miserable periods in the national side's history as the team has been full of pumped up loathsome prima donnas who I am embarrassed to have representing my country. If Roy leaves out Terry then he goes a long way to healing those wounds and rebuilding a team that we can once again be proud of.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
According to one article I read this morning JT was given the cold shoulder by a number of England players in build up to the Sweden game with only Ashley Cole backing him up. My own personal opinions aside, I think Terry is still a divisive figure and his abilities as a centre half no longer outweigh this negative.

If Terry goes whilst Rio is left at home it will just erupt into another media circus. The Rio/JT era is over, we need to look forward now. Sadly we have a dearth of quality in that position so Terry may well go, maybe as back up.

I think this has been one of the most miserable periods in the national side's history as the team has been full of pumped up loathsome prima donnas who I am embarrassed to have representing my country. If Roy leaves out Terry then he goes a long way to healing those wounds and rebuilding a team that we can once again be proud of.

Great post... some it up well... Terry should not go...

Richards not going it a total shocker.

Apparently Ari Redknapp said Walker would be fit for the euros?? and anyone not picked in this initial squad cannot be in the main team.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Carroll is a malcoordinated donkey, at least Kuyt can put one foot in front of the other.
But he's not is he? He scored a hatful for Newcastle until he was sold, and was FAR too good for us in the second half at Anfield. At worst, he's a rich man's Ricky Lambert.

He's no Robin van Persie or David Villa, but I'd take him over Jermaine f***ing Defoe every single time. Carroll seems an easy target but Defoe is f***ing gash and nothing more than a flat track bully without the intelligence or awareness to play against the best. He should be playing in the Championship, IMO. I'd say he has similar level of ability to Carlton Cole.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
At least Defoe has scored/created this season carroll has done f*** all apart from fall on his arse a lot. I wouldn't take Defie either, though.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Scholes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here