Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eng-er-land

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is that the THICKEST sentence ever?

I think it is yes. But as you know people will just judge on a poor WC and fail to see the talent that got us there very well...

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
watching it in a compound bar in Riyadh with a number of Montenegro followers (Scots) !!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looking forward to seeing Adam Johnson in an England shirt again. That lads got STAR written all over him. Well, certainly under one of his arms, if you look carefully.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Adam Johnson, James Milner, Ashley Young, Steven Gerrard.

Now THAT is a midfield. Shame about the choices upfront.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is that the THICKEST sentence ever? Someone believes what they read in the rubbish papers clearly.

No, yours is. I've actually seen most of the teams play. You quite clearly haven't.

I think it is yes. But as you know people will just judge on a poor WC and fail to see the talent that got us there very well...

Well said Sheebs. I could never give up on England (although agree the prices are a bit of a joke). Yeah we sucked stretchy ballsack at the WC but no one gave up on Albion when we were bottom of the football league did we? Well unless you were like 11. Now that IS what ya call shit.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Clueless is what you are if you really can't accept how shit we were and always are 99.9% of the time when the big games come around

Please carry on supporting these guys if you like but please don't lecture me for having given up on them. It really is my choice.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, yours is. I've actually seen most of the teams play. You quite clearly haven't.

Nice condecension there.

We're so so so so SO much better now than we were in 2007-08 under McClaren. So immediately you're wrong. We're also better than in 2001 when we snuck through our qualifying group. How about around 1993 time? Don't be ridiculous.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nice condecension there.

We're so so so so SO much better now than we were in 2007-08 under McClaren. So immediately you're wrong. We're also better than in 2001 when we snuck through our qualifying group. How about around 1993 time? Don't be ridiculous.

I have NEVER seem a worse performance over 4 games from an England team as I saw at the last world cup. I don't care if you agree or not tbh.

Someone needs to support the cack that plays for us, it's your turn until you get sick of it now. I am out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Icy Gull does have a point though. I mean guys like Milner and Walcott would never have got near the legendary team of Carlton Palmer and Geoff Thomas.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Clueless is what you are if you really can't accept how shit we were and always are 99.9% of the time when the big games come around

Please carry on supporting these guys if you like but please don't lecture me for having given up on them. It really is my choice.

I am well aware we were poor overall in the WC and haven't said otherwise. It was out of the ordinary tho as we were brilliant under Capello till then.

If you don't like England WHY POST ON THE THREAD (all the time) LIKE YOU DO? IGNORE IT. YOU'VE SAID THIS STUFF 37 TIMES NOW JUST TO GET A REACTION? IGNORE IT. SIMPLES

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have NEVER seem a worse performance over 4 games from an England team as I saw at the last world cup. I don't care if you agree or not tbh.

We were very poor in TWO games I agree. But that wasn't what you said. You said worst England team in 50 years which, if you've watched us over the last 2-3 years, is clearly utter bollocks.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
On a side topic relating to England, there was an interesting piece in the Torygraph this morning along the lines of isn't about time the boo-boys left Ashley Cole alone? Love him or loath him, he equals the record caps for a left back tonight (assuming he plays) and is arguably one of the best, if not the best left back England have ever had, yet still doesn't get a very good reception.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We were very poor in TWO games I agree. But that wasn't what you said. You said worst England team in 50 years which, if you've watched us over the last 2-3 years, is clearly utter bollocks.

I actually enjoyed watching McClaren's England until the last game, sorry.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull does have a point though. I mean guys like Milner and Walcott would never have got near the legendary team of Carlton Palmer and Geoff Thomas.

Unlike Upson and Carragher who would obviously have shone as much in that team as they did in SA

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I actually enjoyed watching McClaren's England until the last game, sorry.

Me and you watch football VERY differently then.

I much preferred:

Croatia 5-1
Croatia 4-1
Beating Germany
Outplaying Holland
Being one of the 3 best teams in Europe during qualifying (along with Holland and Spain)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
On a side topic relating to England, there was an interesting piece in the Torygraph this morning along the lines of isn't about time the boo-boys left Ashley Cole alone? Love him or loath him, he equals the record caps for a left back tonight (assuming he plays) and is arguably one of the best, if not the best left back England have ever had, yet still doesn't get a very good reception.

I just wish he was better going forward.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

:lolol: It's cool to spread negativity on every England thread it seems...

Sometimes I wonder if people realise there's shite loads of teams (hundreds) that enter a WC and we're a fairly small Country in terms of area. I think only England winning a major tourno will make these people happy...

Oh well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here