Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embarrassing partners......

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Cheeky Monkey said:
In a supermarket in a small French speaking town outside of Montreal the cashier started a conversation. My jokey response (in French) was: "I'm sorry, my French is shit". It was only when we got outside that my (then) wife pointed out that what I'd actually said was "I'm sorry, the French are shit".

That is just mean!!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
That's pretty bad! Memories of the "minger" Jade Goody of Big Brother infamy who thought East Angular (sic) was on the continent.........

D

Deleted User X18H

Uncle Spielberg said:
Happened over a year ago, been together for 13 years, still can't decide if it was the right thing, seeing someone else now for 4 months which seems to keep Chappers highly amused
I saw you at Hove Sporting Club.......very nice

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
An ex of mine once rang me at work to tell me she had bought a new car.When I asked her what type she had bought she replied, `` A little red one`` Yes she was blonde

Mar 24, 2005
Deano's Right Foot said:
I expect it was the really dangerous blue asparagus. :lolol:

She also go upset when she saw 'artichoke hearts' written on a menu in a restaurant. 'Poor artichokes'...needless to say, she thought that an Artichoke was some kind of animal.

Think she just has a general confusion with any foodstuffs beginning with A.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My missus often used the saying "I'll swing for him" (or her) in terms of throwing a punch.

I had to explain to her that its origins go back to hanging (swinging on a rope) for killing someone.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
whitelion said:
That's pretty bad! Memories of the "minger" Jade Goody of Big Brother infamy who thought East Angular (sic) was on the continent.........

and then there was that crazy chick on bb the next year (the one who got in a fight and was asked to leave) who someone insulted by calling her jade and she sat there in tears going "and he called me Jade Goodyear, I like Jade Goodyear".

well easy mistake i guess given Jade does carry a spare tyre around

:lolol:

The Northstander said:
I was shouting whilst watching Craig Bellamy for Newcastle on Sky " Tackle you leak eating B*****D!!! To which my girlfriend at the time in a packed pub said " do they eat leaks in Newcastle?"

Que riotous laugher in the pub, she left and me behind, never again!!!!

:shootself
I owe it to my Great Uncle Benny, Champion Leek Grower of Newcastle on Tyne, to point out that they take leeks very seriously up there.

So you are both :jester: :jester:

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We used to do a listing guide called 'Entertainment Sussex'. This was about 2002-2004. The listings editor was a bit, um, naive.

1. She thought that a tribute evening to Edgar Allan Poe was going to feature the man himself.
2. She thought that a tribute evening to Frank Sinatra was going to feature the man himself.
3. She asked if The Moody Blues were an up-and-coming band.

Her geography is worse... but that's another story. I'd have to ask my colleagues about some of her cringeing gaffes.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Mrs Bakesy thought the 3 motorway lanes were for 70 mph, 80mph and 90mph............and that you can go faster if you are overtaking...........:lolol: :lolol:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I took one of my ex girlfriends to a Brighton game a few years back. She seemed to be having a good time and at half time we were 1-0.

I was shocked when at the start of the second half she asked......

"So which team are Brighton then?"

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bakesy said:
Mrs Bakesy thought the 3 motorway lanes were for 70 mph, 80mph and 90mph............and that you can go faster if you are overtaking...........:lolol: :lolol:

Aren't they? ;) :lolol: :lolol:

My ex husband turned up at Horsham station when he should have been at Shoreham station. This was when we were just engaged.
I should have heeded the warning then. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here